Fins for big foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that's too bad i was in orlando this winter i ask deep 6 if they had a dealer in the region, i never get an answer from them.
that's strange. they are usually the best at customer service. Perhaps @cerich can help.

Ugggh, sorry about that. We don't have one in Orlando at this time unfortunately.

Since you're in Europe with better access to the European brands I suggest you look at Mares Power Plana. I also wear size 48 and use XL PP's with 5mm neoprene boots and can get my Hollis rock boots in them (but I have narrow feet). They also come in XXL for big feet in rock boots. My understanding is that the only difference between the XL and the XXL is that the foot pocket on the XXL is substantially taller to accommodate rock boots.

First I've purchased Apeks RK3 but since I have a Scubapro Jetfin I don't use the Apeks so much.

First I've purchased Apeks RK3 but since I have a Scubapro Jetfin I don't use the Apeks so much.
i didn't try my rk3 yet diving season start in about a month here for me. are the rk3 that much negatively buoyant?

i didn't try my rk3 yet diving season start in about a month here for me. are the rk3 that much negatively buoyant?
Not as much as Jetfin. As I know there are at least two versions: regular RK3 and RK3 HD (Apeks RK3 regular or HD). HD is a bit more negative. But RK3 is much softer than other tech fins. Different rubber material.

thank you for the video i do have the rk3 hd.

I tried many boots, the only one for cold waters that fitted me well was the 4XL Scubapro Delta 6,5mm.
I tried waterproof in 48 , it was too small (for a swedish brand :/). For tropical waters I have some superzip from Aqualung in 3mm size 49 Europe (14,5 US) on their website these kind of boots goes up to 51 in 7mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom