Covid-19 and Cayman travel...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the gov is doing a great job. Today was a heartbreaking day and I think many ops will not make it back. We had such a windy winter this is the next slap. That said. I am really pleased with how things are being handled and wish my son was here rather than NY. If I was visiting and could stay, I would do it in a heartbeat. If you need anything please message.

First 20 virus tests, including the 19 healthcare workers who treated the cruise ship passenger with the first known case before knowing he was infected, came back negative. There are another 20 tests still to be reported, but so far were 20 for 20 to the good, and no known infections on the island. Bars and most hotels are now closed. Restaurants are now take-out only. International mail is on hold. Cayman is cracking down early to try to keep things under control, and someday when this is over hopefully we will come out as one of the safest places to vacation.... hopefully. Until then, stay healthy my friends!

I didn’t know about mail. Is that incoming and outgoing? The restaurant and bar thing starts Sunday. We are the last 3 getting into Morgans tonight. Was hoping for a Blue send off but they already had their 50 limit. Today is it for them until November.

We usually head back to the States at the end of April, but we're thinking about staying here until things calm down in the US - and given the capabilities of the current administration that probably means sometime in 2021. We feel quite safe here. Unfortunately the Cayman economy also depends on the current US administration's handling of this crisis.

Meanwhile if anyone is planning to come down after the travel ban, I'm guessing you can get a pretty good deal on a condo in our building. And assuming Red Sail is back in operation, I'll take you along as a guest on their $40 KY two-tank residents' dive.

Stay healthy, everyone!
Likewise we generally head back the beginning of May, and have decided for the time to stay put. Surely not an easy decision by any means.

For me it was an easy decision - cancel my next Cayman trip and my planned trip to the USVI for diving in the late summer. We are not getting a full refund, but don't expect it - don't see why businesses should be the only ones that suffer - vacations are, by definition, discretionary money anyway. I'm not going to make any plans until I really see things starting to open up again. I think that the world is going to be in a state of uproar for a lot longer than a month or so, based on the trajectories in the data that I am seeing.

Right now the priority for me and my loved ones is to survive and to stay healthy. We can worry about trips later.

I totally agree. There are more important things. Hopefully we will all come out of this better from the challenging time we are in. Now is time to be happy that we unlike thousands of others can actually think about our holidays!

I have a trip planned for early July to GC and taking a wait and see approach. Hoping this all blows over by early June and by July things are back to normal. Have been to GC many times with just the wife but planned to bring the kids this time. If I have to cancel will probably try again around Thanksgiving break.

Hope those in GC stay safe and come back strong. We will be there ready to spend money when this is over.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom