I bought a house in Lake City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hard work getting quotes at the current time. "what we tell you today is dependent on whats happening tomorrow or next week, and nobody in the Germany > USA shipping business can see that far into the future".

Michael

Michael...

I just received a package from Martin at TECME in Dusseldorf...he's still operating at a limited capacity...

He's also working on a custom ''one of'' order for me...may not see it for a while...but the mail is still running from Europe...for now anyway...

My wife and I are planning a grocery run this afternoon...should be interesting...

I may sit down and watch ''Mad Max...Fury Road''...first...to get myself psyched for the trip...

Best...stay healthy...

Warren...

Over here we do the grocery runs alone, security has a problem letting more than a limited number into a store at any one time. Yesterday I watched 2 young parents and their 3 year old being turned away from the post office that has a 2 visitor maxload. Papa eventually went in, then after he came out Mama n baby went in.

Michael

Martin is the best! Over the years he has done so much for me, I don't know what I'll do when I'*m finally living 4000 miles away from him.

Michael

Martin is the best! Over the years he has done so much for me, I don't know what I'll do when I'*m finally living 4000 miles away from him.

Michael

Martin's done a lot for me as well...I can drop him a note with an idea...and my idea becomes reality with no hesitation...he'll send me a reply stating...''I know exactly what you want''...and it's done...to perfection...

If he ever closes shop...we're all going to be in trouble...having an idea is one thing...having it executed properly is another...Martin has never ceased to amaze...

W...

Michael

Martin shipped me over a package of a custom item about a month ago. I live about 2-3 hours south of Lake City. His shipping price to the US is not bad at all and it arrives very quickly. So once all this virus bs settles down and you're in florida, you'll still be able to get items from him pretty easily.

I can also attest that I've had no issues getting stuff shipped from Martin in the United States. The post actually seems fairly quick too from Germany.

Mail between USA and Germany is pretty good, letters from Florida are delivered in Germany around 5 working days later and letters from Germany only take a day or 2 longer to the USA.
Packages (Priority Mail) from the USA get to Germany quickly, and then sit in customs for 3 weeks before you either get them delivered or a letter telling you to go get your package from customs. UPS and FedEx ar usually 2-3 times more expensive, but the customs clearance is fast.
Packages from Germany usually go much faster to the USA since US customs is really not that concerned about getting the last drop of blood out of every customer.

Michael

So, in the last few months I've been getting a lot done.
Got my retirement squared away.
Got my teeth fixed.
Had 3 radiation treatment schedules done on a bone spur in my right heel.
Made wooden boxes for my 10 50L 300Bar tanks and put the storage tanks in them.
Packed almost everything and it is sitting boxed up in 2 garages.
Still have to pack 4 shipping boxes with clothes n computer.
Computer table and waterbed will get disassembled n loaded, Heating elements and mattress stay here.

20' Shipping container will show up on 7 May and be offloaded.
Then I'll be busy packing it to the roof with all my gear through 10 May.
The Shipping company will pick up the container on Monday 11 May and start it on it's slow way along the Rhein, to Rotterdam.
Then it gets loaded aboard a ship that will take it to Savanna Ga and unloaded.
A customs broker will have to run it through customs using an itemized bill of ladening and a ProForma Invoice.
Then it'll get trucked to my house in Lake City, arriving 1st week of June, and the container will sit in my driveway for a week or so while my cat and I unload it.
Cat and I will travel to my house so we are there before the container.
I'm really looking foward to it, not sure cat shares my enthusiasm.:fear:

Michael

Latest update:
The shipping container will show up on 11 May and I'll have until 15 May to pack it.

Then It'll leave Rotterdam aboard the "MSC KRYSTAL" on 22 May, getting into Savannah on 7 June. A few days to unload the ship, customs clearance, and trucking down to Lake City and I should have my stuff by the middle of June.

Michael

Latest update:
The shipping container will show up on 11 May and I'll have until 15 May to pack it.

Then It'll leave Rotterdam aboard the "MSC KRYSTAL" on 22 May, getting into Savannah on 7 June. A few days to unload the ship, customs clearance, and trucking down to Lake City and I should have my stuff by the middle of June.

Michael

Ah, good old MSC!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom