What is happening in Singapore right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Dan Flatten the curve and raise the line go hand in hand. Raise the line refers to the total hospital bed capacity to cater for Covid-19 patients. The line is raised by increasing number of beds. You flatten the curve so that the curve is always below the line. When the curve is below the line, you have hospital capacity to treat covid-19 patients. The statistic that you need to plot the curve is the total number of active cases requiring hospitalisation.

In Malaysia all persons who test positive for covid-19 are hospitalised until they recover and have 2 negative tests 24 hours apart before they are discharged. The curve that you need to plot is therefore total infected to date less patients who have died as well as patients who have recovered and have been discharged. You will find that total active cases has been falling in Malaysia.

The curve that I showed earlier was the number of COVID-19 positive cases in Malaysia. Below are 2 curves of the cases and deaths from COVID-19 in Malaysia. The Growth Rates are now even higher (3%). The flattening of the curves that I'm talking about is when the Growth Rate drop to ZERO.
3% is not ZERO.

Do you see the curves below flattening?

I would think Malaysia is similar to Indonesia and it is still in early stage, like New York a month ago. I would like to see that curves bend down, hopefully in 3-4 weeks.

Malaysia COVID-19 Cases 3% Growth Rate (left) & Deaths 3% Growth Rate (right)
Malaysia.JPG

Someone is still day dreaming!
Both Malaysia and Thailand has sudden increased in infection around mid Mar. FACT.

Thailand closes border, bans entry for foreigners – Business Traveller

Why closed the border if there is NO problem domestically?
Large number of its population livelihood is totally depend on tourists!!!
Most countries have closed their borders. Even countries without a single case of covid-19, such as Solomon Islands, have closed their borders.

Citing the closure of borders as justification for criticism of a country’s response to covid-19 is DELUSIONAL.

Most countries have closed their borders. Even countries without a single case of covid-19, such as Solomon Islands, have closed their borders.

Citing the closure of borders as justification for criticism of a country’s response to covid-19 is DELUSIONAL.
Some countries closed earlier and some closed later.
Which suffered most?
Keep dreaming!

My money is for Malaysia to extend the closure well into May or even beyond!

Some countries closed earlier and some closed later.
Which suffered most?
Keep dreaming!

My money is for Malaysia to extend the closure well into May or even beyond!
Malaysia will indeed extend lockdown into May. It is a muslim country and the fasting month of Ramadan has just begun. At the end of the fasting month is the festival of Eid Al-Fitr. Lockdown will be ended just before Eid.

Look at the countries that are closest to Thailand in population:
Iran - 84 million
Germany - 84 million
Thailand - 70 million
UK - 68 million
France - 65 million
Source: Population by Country (2020) - Worldometer

Now compare the Covid-19 infection and death rates for these countries as of a few moments ago:
Iran - 87,026 and 5,481
Germany - 153,129 and 5,575
Thailand - 2,839 and 50
UK - 138,078 and 18,783
France - 158,183 and 21,856
Source: Coronavirus Update (Live): 2,725,920 Cases and 191,061 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

America has a population of about 330 million. This is about 5 times more than Thailand. Multiply Thailand's Covid-19 infection and death numbers and compare them with America's numbers.

Anyone who picks on Thailand to criticise their Covid-19 response is ABSOLUTELY STARK RAVING DELUSIONAL.

Even the Saudis have closed the main mosques in Mecca and Medina, and as far as I am aware the Hajj is still doubtful to happen this year.

I did see on the news however that the nutters in Aceh province in Indonesia still plan to have mass prayers, good luck to them as they become contenders for the Darwin Awards.

Malaysia........................................ At the end of the fasting month is the festival of Eid Al-Fitr. Lockdown will be ended just before Eid.

Will it? WAG or crystal ball? Only time (and 'developments') will tell.

Will it? WAG or crystal ball? Only time (and 'developments') will tell.
Yes. Only time will tell.

It is a continuum. Even during lockdown more and more industries and businesses are allowed to open. Laundry establishments, hardware shops, and car service centers have been allowed to open in the last week or two. Even after lockdown is lifted, it will be a graduated lifting. Some types of businesses and activities will still not be permitted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom