Lost diver - Port Royal Sound, South Carolina - Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My suit is dark blue with light blue accents. It's a surf wetsuit (dodges rotten produce). It's not me, for sure.

It's a no win situation for Darwinism. He may still be found alive but at the age of 49 he will have already produced children having his DNA. I'm reasonably sure that he'll never get far enough along to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.
I hope they find him alive anyway.

It's too bad that Florida protects your house in a bankruptcy, this guy deserves to be homeless and live under a highway bridge as atonement for his stupidity.
I'm sorry for upsetting your sensibility, but those who screw up should pay the price for what they do. I have no problem in not letting someone get his drivers license back after a DWI with bodily injury until the injured gets all the money that the courts awarded, same for whatever happens in an accident caused by texting while driving, even if the perpetuator dies after 30 years without a drivers license. Don't ask how I feel about boat drivers that run surfaced divers through their props.

Michael

those who screw up should pay the price for what they do.
Actually this is a no-blame forum.

It's a no win situation for Darwinism. He may still be found alive but at the age of 49 he will have already produced children having his DNA. I'm reasonably sure that he'll never get far enough along to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.
I hope they find him alive anyway.

It's too bad that Florida protects your house in a bankruptcy, this guy deserves to be homeless and live under a highway bridge as atonement for his stupidity.
I'm sorry for upsetting your sensibility, but those who screw up should pay the price for what they do. I have no problem in not letting someone get his drivers license back after a DWI with bodily injury until the injured gets all the money that the courts awarded, same for whatever happens in an accident caused by texting while driving, even if the perpetuator dies after 30 years without a drivers license. Don't ask how I feel about boat drivers that run surfaced divers through their props.

Michael
And unless I missed something he’s not in Florida but South Carolina so maybe there’s still a chance he’ll end up under a bridge, you know, for atonement purposes

"The diver is a 49-year-old male in a black scuba suit".

If you see a 49-year old male that's not in a BLACK scuba suit, please ignore him. He's not our man.

Also make sure you verify his age.. 48 or 50? Wrong guy, even if he's in black and drifting alone.

{speculation}...I don't know that specific area and if he was out of the flow,,,,,,But high tide was 12:30 there on Tuesday and it said he entered the water at 3:45. If he was diving in the current, I'd bet it was ripping. Then again with that much dive experience, he probably knew were to avoid the current.

No way I am tethering myself to another diver. Way to much of an entanglement hazard. Especially in high current / low vis conditions.

On the surface? Please explain the entanglement hazzard and visibility concerns on the surface. Makes no sense at all not to try to stay together instead of doubling the rescue effort by separating.

Once on the surface you're no longer a diver, you are in a at sea survival situation. I distinctly remember US Navy training to stay together on the surface for moral support if nothing else.

Pretty sure your logic is flawed.

Back
Top Bottom