My AN/DP/Helitrox course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well mine might get delayed further.

We were planning for the first sessions to be Memorial Day Weekend, but with the Keys closed, and South Florida charters if they are operating are doing so at reduced capacity he isn't sure.

Sorry to hear. No idea when the city-owned marina in Hammond, IN is going to open for my local boat to go out on Lake Michigan.

on the calves is so you can reach it with both hands (1 knife) on the shoulder or arm 1 cutting tool is none you need 2 if that's the way want to carry it , in my tech classes you carry a min 2 cutting tools reachable by BOTH hands ............jm2c

I've gotten my legs snagged on kelp at Keystone Jetty at the dock (for the local folks to me, they'll know what I'm talking about). Having forearm cutting tools (to my Shearwaters), allowed me to quickly grab my dive tool to cut the kelp.

It all depends on the environment in which you dive. West coast I would recommend against a knife on the calf, even the inside.

Dives yesterday certainly showed the effect the stupid plague has had on everyone’s diving. Everyone would have ordinarily been in the water at the beginning of April. I’m diving with a good group of three guys, and I’ve got one future dive buddy out of them. For those of you thinking I could do my class with them, nope! They’re all PADI “Tec” students. Instructor teaches both TDI and PADI. 2 SM students and one guy on doubles. My first closeup look at HP120 doubles. We put my HP80 doubles next to them. Should have taken a pic. The size difference was hysterical.

Not sure how many dives we’ll be able to get today with the weather. Supposed to pour. In fact, we’re all suiting up in our hotel rooms!

I don’t recommend diving with your sunglasses stuffed into your cleavage under your drysuit. :D I had stuck them in there to keep them safe when using the pit toilet (can pee standing up with She-P! Woot!), but I had forgotten they were there. Imagine my surprise when I pulled them out after the dive. :rofl3:

Dives yesterday certainly showed the effect the stupid plague has had on everyone’s diving. Everyone would have ordinarily been in the water at the beginning of April. I’m diving with a good group of three guys, and I’ve got one future dive buddy out of them. For those of you thinking I could do my class with them, nope! They’re all PADI “Tec” students. Instructor teaches both TDI and PADI. 2 SM students and one guy on doubles. My first closeup look at HP120 doubles. We put my HP80 doubles next to them. Should have taken a pic. The size difference was hysterical.

Not sure how many dives we’ll be able to get today with the weather. Supposed to pour. In fact, we’re all suiting up in our hotel rooms!

I don’t recommend diving with your sunglasses stuffed into your cleavage under your drysuit. :D I had stuck them in there to keep them safe when using the pit toilet (can pee standing up with She-P! Woot!), but I had forgotten they were there. Imagine my surprise when I pulled them out after the dive. :rofl3:

Haven't done sunglasses. First time I dove in my own drysuit I forgot to take my jeans off. Finning is a bit hard with that extra layer on top of thick undergarments.

Haven't done sunglasses. First time I dove in my own drysuit I forgot to take my jeans off. Finning is a bit hard with that extra layer on top of thick undergarments.

when I first started cave diving there was a guy who always wore his jeans under his dry suit. Friggin weird. And I can’t imagine comfortable. He’d unzip for the pee valve

I was two hours into a 4.5 hour dive when I realized my phone was in my pocket.

What sort of shape was the phone on after the dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom