Is this the average diver?

Is this the average diver?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 143 94.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see a fair number of BP/Ws on the liveaboards I've been traveling on, not many long hoses/bungeed secondaries. Very rare to see another diver doing back kicks or helicopter turns, lots of hand waving used to turn or back up.

Ha!

# Monterey Breakwater
- filled with training classes - NO
- mid week, still no, but more
# Carmel Monastery (sometimes deadly) Beach - still no, but more
# Hawaii and tropics Boats - NO, even without all rental gear
# Local boats, Hmm, getting more like 20%?

I believe the people here on ScubaBoard are those with a bit more passion for diving than is average. They therefore give their diving more thought and preparation and are more committed to it as a regular activity. This is NOT the average diver I see on boats down here in South Florida. I certainly do see many like that but the majority (sometimes vast majority) are those that dive very rarely, rent their gear, dive an AL80 with jacket BC, use the same standard hose configuration they were taught with and also seem to believe that a snorkel is an absolutely mandatory part of the scuba kit.

Combine the HydrosPro with split fins and it's an almost sure death sentence. :outtahere:
Those split fins don't seem to be moving me as fast the last year or two. Or maybe.....

Not anywhere near.

In the U.K. I see maybe 10% as you describe, the rest single with primary on right secondary on left. With or without pony.

In the tropics. I see >95% single cylinder both primary and secondary of right. Secondary, often stuffed into BCD pocket or into a D-ring (which doesn’t allow quick deployment).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom