A life long dream about to become reality! :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont fill for anyone but myself (or some very close friends in a pinch) because I'm concerned about liability.

Yep, me too.

Congrats, I would like to have one for convenience but can't justify the cost.

Thanks! I can't either but I choose to ignore that part after waiting too long hoping it would happen, should have done it 30 years ago.

So today was the day! :) I picked up the compressor Friday. Today was operations day. Ran it open for a bit after attaching the whip, closed the valve ran it up to 4000psi, bled the water and pressure off and started filling tanks!
Got all my tanks topped off and ready to dive. Nice way to spend the morning! :)

So today was the day! :) I picked up the compressor Friday. Today was operations day. Ran it open for a bit after attaching the whip, closed the valve ran it up to 4000psi, bled the water and pressure off and started filling tanks!
Got all my tanks topped off and ready to dive. Nice way to spend the morning! :)

Congrats! I love being able to keep my tanks topped off.

is that one of the old military walter kidd ? dont forget to get the air checked before using it .....

is that one of the old military walter kidd ? dont forget to get the air checked before using it .....

Yes it is. Never issued or used until it was built into part of a SCUBA tank filling unit. It's old but brand new. I have confidence the air is E Grade. I used it outside in the pure fresh country air of western RI Washington County. It has a multiplex filter the type that has been used on air stations for decades.

Who does air testing by way? Would a hydro station do that, dept of health?

Maybe I should have Mrs. AD do the 1st dive!?

Congrats! I love being able to keep my tanks topped off.

Thanks it sure'nuff is!!!! Also knowing when I enter the water I have the most air I can have.
Thanks

As an aside I bought 9 vip stickers last night online so I can keep track of my own VIPs. The 9 stickers cost less than 1 VIP. :) I've got 2 VIPs due the end of this month.

I was going to buy some that I could have printed with a name but they were too expensive.

I was going to use the name Rouge Island Gas Station. :)

Yes it is. Never issued or used until it was built into part of a SCUBA tank filling unit. It's old but brand new. I have confidence the air is E Grade. I used it outside in the pure fresh country air of western RI Washington County. It has a multiplex filter the type that has been used on air stations for decades.

Who does air testing by way? Would a hydro station do that, dept of health?

Maybe I should have Mrs. AD do the 1st dive!?

I ordered my test kit from Filter Techs. You can specify grade E kit or OCA kit.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom