Utopia dive resort on Utila has closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems like good news for the owners though? Sort of...they haven’t gone bankrupt, more a case of realizing their dream without the hassle of guests going forward and taking the resort fully private?

they seem like a great bunch and the community spirit is good to see. I wish I had been there when it was open to the public. I hope they have a nice ‘retirement’ :)

I'm not familiar with them at all (haven't made it to Utila yet), but their Facebook post was a really lovely and thoughtful description of how they're going to reimagine the resort into a village for their staff and families, providing work and schooling for kids, to help their employees start small businesses, and create a community. I'm sure that they ran an amazing dive resort, but this new plan looks like the start of something beautiful.

Utopia Village

Back
Top Bottom