Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alternatively, get Waterproof G1 gloves, either 5 or 3mm. Comfortable, warm and ergonomic. Dry/dry, wet/wet, dry/wet, wet/dry, cold, hot, doesn't matter, they slip on easily.

In place of the Neoprene gloves?
Yes, in place of neoprene/thermoprene... unless you're trying to keep your hands warm... I had friends dive with industrial kevlar gloves, they cost $50-$70 and they last a long while. Here in Florida, barnacles are everywhere, as well as oysters and mussels, etc. If you hold on to a rock with your bare hand, you are guaranteed to get cut. My Henderson 3mm neoprene gloves tore in several dives. The rubber walmart ones are still holding up.

I wear really thin gloves that are easy to put on. That may not be a workable solution for you. But I find as long as my core and my ears are warm, I don't need much on my hands, even in water temperatures down to the 50s.

I've had some neoprene gloves that went on better dry, others wet. Depends on the glove.
I'll also comment that you might have a glove that is (borderline) too small.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom