Leisure pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you mean shipping? Is it an item that you're waiting for them to ship? It could be backordered and about to show up. It could be warehouse issues (remember, we're still in COVID hell). If its already shipped then you're at the mercy of whatever shipping you chose.

Leisurepro aka Adorama has been around forever and is extremely reliable on their side.

Funny you should mention this - I’ve historically had good luck with their eBay store and products arriving promptly. However, I recently purchased a sola ys mount and it has been stuck at a post office transfer location in Kansas City for a week.

I think it’s due to some moronic adjustments to the way the post office is being run, and not leisure pro.

That is my guess, as well. Lots of folks are running into issues, with some companies choosing to no longer deal with USPS for the time being. Ex. A recent Amazon order that was shipped through USPS...it had been a while, so we checked the tracking.

It showed as “Lost” for the status.:rofl3: Amazon gave us the option to cancel the order. Literally never seen that before in 20+ years of ordering stuff online.

Hello. My friend and I used to drive down from Boston and buy gear........1999 to 2000. The savings back then were incredible. Even with the added cost of fuel, the gear was still cheaper than the dive shop. I did buy (1) U.S. Divers Impulse cold water 1st and Second stage that was missing an internal part in the regulator. I wasn't really impressed with that.....just ordered the part and replaced it.
I've made a handful of purchases on-line in the last 3 years....never any problem.
There are two Italian shops on Ebay that are absolutely incredible. One is Talassasport. I can't think of the other one....I'll add it when I find it.
I had a package shipped from Italy to Texas....in three days. Really??? I was very impressed.
Cheers.

I used them a couple of times and won’t again. I know a lot of guys swear by them. I ordered products direct from the website on 2 separate occasions Only for them to tell me 72 hours later that they were out of stock. On both occasions I needed the equipment for trips. Really annoying. In this day and age it’s simple to have a running stock reconciliation on your website and the 72 hours later notification really annoyed me.

Forgot to add, on the second occasion they informed me the main thing I wanted was out of stock, but they had already shipped the remaining ‘ afterthought items’ which I only threw in as I was buying the main items. So I ended up with a full shipping bill for Canada for a small bottle of mask defogger and a pointer stick. They refunded the shipping after 3 annoyed emails. Just sloppy.

My husband and I were flying though New York for an international flight. We decided to visit Leisure Pro's store as he wanted a BC. we bought one that we picked up after our trip. The salesperson was OK with my husband, but completely ignored me and answered any questions I asked tersely. It is likely that I would have bought some equipment if he had been more forthcoming with answers. When we picked up the BC, he saw us, then sent someone else to wait on us. I have no idea what was going on there, but I am not inclined to shop with them if I have alternatives. ( I am a nice person, really.)
That being said, I don't think LP can be blamed for the current post office mess.

Keep in mind that Adorama/LeisurePro is run by Orthodox (possibly Hasidic, I'm not sure) Jews. They keep pretty strict adherence to the Jewish sabbath and all holidays. That often comes into scheduling conflict (annoyance) for people and shipping services used to 24/7 commerce with passing nods to Christian sabbath/holidays.

Same day on eBay I ordered a regulator and a din to yoke adapter. When I was on the store chatting with their customer service person I asked quite frankly if there was a pricing difference between ordering directly or going through the store I was told no. So I ordered the yoke adapter had $9 of shipping. The regulator was free. Just for yucks and grains I looked on their website the same yoke adapter was free shipping on their site. Irritated me a little bit asked him about it they blamed it on eBay. Now the regulator should be showing up at my house The adapter shows a tracking number generated but not shipped. Nothing detrimental never dealt with them before just curious what other people's experience has been

I have used them for years for odds and ends and for products my local dive shop was not competitive with. I have bought regs, BCs, computers, hoses, camera accessories, fins and full face masks from this company.
Have used both the on line store and the phone to order and never had a problem. On the phone I have been impressed by how well they know their merchandise and balanced what they had to what I needed ( or thought I needed ). In fact, dealing with this company has always been a pleasure.

I prefer to try to support my LDS, but sometimes the price differential is just too great to justify.

Sruly and gang are fine. I prefer DRIS largely because they're advertisers and are willing to work with ScubaBoarders. Mike runs a very friendly ship and their charters are good too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom