Rob Stewart Investigation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Ken, I was looking at their mix and they had 10/20 entered which I figured was a little on the hypoxic side for 218 fsw. Rob says that the Helium content was actually 50% not 20%. So I thought that maybe the Oxygen content was more like 18% or 15%? Which should push up the CNSO2

When you're diving a rebreather, the computer is reading your actual PO2, regardless of what you have entered in the computer. Running a diluent of 10/50 allows you to do a better loop flush in case your PO2 gets too high.

Well Ken, I was looking at their mix and they had 10/20 entered which I figured was a little on the hypoxic side for 218 fsw. Rob says that the Helium content was actually 50% not 20%. So I thought that maybe the Oxygen content was more like 18% or 15%? Which should push up the CNSO2
The O2 content of the dil is not important (in deco/CNS terms) unless very excessive. The actual mix breathed is made up of some dil and some added O2.

10/50 is easy to make as it is 100 bar of He with 100 bar of air on top, no need to add a fiddly few bar of O2 to the cylinder.

An issue with a dil mix like this is it is not breathable at the surface, the CCR needs to add O2 for sure.

Additionally, REVO’s documents allege that the charter boat company didn’t comply with U.S. occupational and safety guidelines when conducting deep dives with rebreathers. Not only that, the documents allege that the charter boat company “and its cohorts were masquerading as a dive team from the Key Largo Volunteer Fire Department,” when no such official dive team exists. New Details Are Alleged About The Death Of Filmmaker Rob Stewart - DeeperBlue.com
2007_sharkwater_015-1068x601.jpg

These aren't new and they've been debunked here already. We have more information here on ScubaBoard than just about anywhere else.

These aren't new and they've been debunked here already. We have more information here on ScubaBoard than just about anywhere else.
Thanks I have a special interest since i had a home in Layton on Long Key. So this was my front yard Did lots of diving but never at that depth Just tanks or free. Previous to this I was wreck diving out of Manasquan
and before that a new England diver .Got a 20 Lb Lobster off Gloucester and even dove the isle of shoal off Maine.Best most enjoyable diving for me New Emgand but dam cold with only a wet suit. Amazing rugged diving shallow so lots of time. Lots of diving from shore my favorite type of diving. Your accident investigations are the BEST. I use to request printed reports from university of Rhode Island. Thanks

The information that I obtained was that the O2 mix was 10%. The helium was entered as 20% but was actually 50%. Oddly, the NEDU looked at all those factors an only suggestion DCS might be a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom