SS backplates in fun colors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could you post more pictures of the older one and its patina? I like the shiny lustrous look of the freshly plated one...how long does that last and is it possible to buff/shine to restore that luster or will that just significantly wear the plating away?

-Z

Patina happens on the way home from the 1st boat dives. it can be repolished. I imagine the finish will get thin if overworked. I'm looking for more pictures of it weathered.

Here’s some more bad shots.
8334B82B-77B8-42BB-B6F3-CE8FFB7285F1.png DB67B4AA-9F77-40D3-A057-1FC2F689044F.png

you can take one to any powder coater and have it powder coated which isn't terribly expensive.

@Lake Hickory Scuba did a great video on hydro-dipping them as well which is less durable of a finish than powder coating, but once the clear coat is on it, it is still pretty durable.

Oh man! This looks amazing ..!

Is that webbing from D6 I see on there? If so, how do you like it?

Yes it was. I liked it a lot. Wish it came in other colors.

upload_2020-11-4_17-57-3.jpeg

St. Lawrence Scuba Co. in Watertown, NY does this in a buck of colours.

Back
Top Bottom