Mares XR backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EugeneTwh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello all, ive been following SB for a while now but this is my first time posting.

Does anyone here knows if i can attach the Apeks D30 Psd to a Mares XR Backplate without any fitting issues? i havent came across anyone that have both the setups so i cant confirm it thus asking around in SB.

thanks!

Apeks makes nice stuff but the short slots at the top and bottom of the wing for the cam straps may limit compatabity with plates as you suspect.

If you want a narrow single tank wink of relativley equal quality but not the slot compatibility issue, then look at the current DGX wing:
DGX Gears S1 Singles Wing

-Z

Apeks makes nice stuff but the short slots at the top and bottom of the wing for the cam straps may limit compatabity with plates as you suspect.

If you want a narrow single tank wink of relativley equal quality but not the slot compatibility issue, then look at the current DGX wing:
DGX Gears S1 Singles Wing

-Z

the problem is that i am in Malaysia and it will be a problem for me to get DGX or DRIS stuff directly unless from international website and pay a bomb to ship it over and get taxed over here as well.

Then go with a mares wing with the mares plate to be sure the two pieces of kit are compatible.

-Z

Don’t know about the Mares plate, but the wing will fit on a Dive Rite and Hollis.

I was on the same search and found out from a video that the MAres XR backplate is compatible with Apeks D18 wing. They shoulde have the same slots on D30 wing.

Back
Top Bottom