• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Mares XR backplate

Discussion in 'Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems' started by EugeneTwh, Nov 6, 2020.

1. EugeneTwh

EugeneTwh Angel Fish

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Hello all, ive been following SB for a while now but this is my first time posting.

Does anyone here knows if i can attach the Apeks D30 Psd to a Mares XR Backplate without any fitting issues? i havent came across anyone that have both the setups so i cant confirm it thus asking around in SB.

thanks!

2. Zef

Zef Divemaster

Apeks makes nice stuff but the short slots at the top and bottom of the wing for the cam straps may limit compatabity with plates as you suspect.

If you want a narrow single tank wink of relativley equal quality but not the slot compatibility issue, then look at the current DGX wing:
    DGX Gears S1 Singles Wing

-Z

buddhasummer likes this.
  3. EugeneTwh

EugeneTwh Angel Fish

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    the problem is that i am in Malaysia and it will be a problem for me to get DGX or DRIS stuff directly unless from international website and pay a bomb to ship it over and get taxed over here as well.

4. Zef

Zef Divemaster

Then go with a mares wing with the mares plate to be sure the two pieces of kit are compatible.

-Z

5. TuckerIdaho

TuckerIdaho Barracuda

why not just stick with the mares wing? its pretty nice (i have one)

6. Scott

Scott Technical Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
  7. runsongas

runsongas Great White

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    you can either match plate and wing brands to be sure of compatibility or worst case get a sta