Dive computer between several days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Designed right, the processor doesn't need to be involved, just a simple wake up circuit.

also known as the power switch

Anyone know of a modern dive computer with a power switch?

No but my Oceanic Veo 2.0 will sometimes stay on for 48+ hours after surfacing from my last dive.

I wonder if it’s because it is malfunctioning or if it is because it believes there is still residual nitrogen possible (ex: computer is still on 48 hours after returning home from 5-7 days of repetitive diving)?

Anyone know of a modern dive computer with a power switch?
Why you are so obsessed with such a thing. It does not drain a lot of power and manufacturer probably do not believe there is much practical use except putting the cost up.
My ancient Uwatec Aladin usually last 3-4 yrs before requiring to change battery.

Why you are so obsessed with such a thing. It does not drain a lot of power and manufacturer probably do not believe there is much practical use except putting the cost up.
My ancient Uwatec Aladin usually last 3-4 yrs before requiring to change battery.

Keyword here is ancient: if you take a Garmin smartwatch, it'll only be good for a couple of weeks provided you turn off all the bells and whistles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom