Bought an Oceanic Dive Computer at an estate sale. What model is this, and is it worth what I paid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@sonnykifer the DSS boots were the best aftermarket option when they were available for the oceanic VT series

@sonnykifer the DSS boots were the best aftermarket option when they were available for the oceanic VT series

I'm simply not qualified to say it is that model for certain, that is all. That is the reason for the "if"
Ok, understood, but the model is visible in the OP's pictures. It is not expert guesswork, but just knowing where to look in the pictures for the model name.

I've acquired about half-a-dozen similar looking dive computers as part of bulk-purchases or regulator purchases. IMO, I would not pay $45 for that, based on information provided or known in the OP.
You might have acquired "a half dozen similar looking computers" but that doesn't make you knowledgeable about this particular model. I've got about a dozen of these VT Pro computers, they are the only computers I dive with and I've paid between $75 to $150 for each unit over the past decade or so. At that price, and with no tech support available for the wrist units I consider them to be disposable while some of them stop working over time, they're cheap enough and I always have a few extras in my kit.

P.S. It's been pointed out that this is clearly a VT Pro.

P.S. It's been pointed out that this is clearly a VT Pro.
P.S. It's already been clearly pointed out in this thread, that it's been pointed out, that this is a VT Pro.

P.S. It's already been clearly pointed out in this thread, that it's been pointed out, that this is a VT Pro.
I'm clearly pointing out that it was me who clearly pointed out that it's been clearly pointed out that this is a VT Pro.

Looks to me to a basic Pelagic puck similar to the Sherwood Source / Re-Source or the USD Matrix. Not Nitrox compatible. Should be user changeable CR2032 batt. I'd definitely swap out the batt and check and lube the hatch o-ring before diving. I have a few of these that are all over 20 years old and work perfectly. I use one for backup depth data in case of a failure of my primary AI computer...

colnlBL.jpg
I never saw a Matrix last more than 2 years (I went through 2 in that time)....that's super-lucky! Have you played the lottery lately?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom