Curaçao Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for the 'playbook' for shore diving in Curacao! I've mulled over the possibility of a solo trip based out of Westpunt at All West Apartments or Nos Krusero Apartments with a focus on shore diving, but the logistics read as more complicated than a Bonaire trip. A 'workflow' explanation like yours helps.

With AllWest's house reef, you might find that it's all the "logistics" you need. :wink:

With AllWest's house reef, you might find that it's all the "logistics" you need. :wink:

How's there reef? Perhaps it will be the night dive spot. It isn't too far from Playa Kalki/Alice in Wonderland, is it?

How's there reef? Perhaps it will be the night dive spot. It isn't too far from Playa Kalki/Alice in Wonderland, is it?

It's the next cove down, the one with the the Neptune. Yes, there's always lights in the water at night.

I dived with the Dive Bus in 2012. They are a great operation and they treated us well. The only problem was the walk with equipment from their shop to across the street and the water. With an artificial hip, lower back problems, and a camera rig, it was too difficult. I managed it once and that was it. So, they carried my gear over for me. If my cruise in December goes (and I think it will), I'll be diving with Goby Divers off their boat since my camera rig is a LOT larger now.

Do you plan to stay in the Willemstad area (the city, more topside entertainments), or the rustic Westpunt region (which is said to have better diving)? You could stay out west and visit the city, or vice versa, but it is a fairly long drive.

Perhaps I should phrase it like this...how many dives/day do you wish to do, and what else besides diving to you want?

I enjoyed boat diving with Ocean Encounters while staying at Sunscape Curacao during a Scuba Board Surge; I've only dove the east region (10 dives).

We are thinking of staying at Scuba Lodge, which I think is close to Willemstad. We usually have one four tank day, and two or three two tank days where we can explore in the afternoons. We aren’t totally against shore diving, but I have a bad back and that leaves my husband to carry twice the load. We also would be interested in possibly hiring a dive master to guide us.

Do you plan to stay in the Willemstad area (the city, more topside entertainments), or the rustic Westpunt region (which is said to have better diving)? You could stay out west and visit the city, or vice versa, but it is a fairly long drive.

Perhaps I should phrase it like this...how many dives/day do you wish to do, and what else besides diving to you want?

I enjoyed boat diving with Ocean Encounters while staying at Sunscape Curacao during a Scuba Board Surge; I've only dove the east region (10 dives).

I’M staying at sunscape in July did you a shore dive right there ? Looks like the have a dive site call car pile looks cool

I’M staying at sunscape in July did you a shore dive right there ? Looks like the have a dive site call car pile looks cool

I didn't do any shore dives. The onsite dive op. was a good one, but forbade solo diving, and I'm an individualistic liberty-loving introvert with a solo diver cert. who doesn't like asking people for favors...plus my wife, our daughter and my mother-in-law were along, and I was getting 2 boat dives/day.

It is possible to get tanks elsewhere for solo shore diving, but last I checked, Ocean Encounters and Dive Bus weren't on board with it. I'd like to explore Curacao's shore diving one of these days, but not sure if or when that might happen. If you get a dive in there, please post some photos and tell us about it.

Back
Top Bottom