How the heck do you take your Kubi gloves off?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just had Kubi rings installed on my dry suit. In theory, they’re great. In practice, I find them virtually unusable as I can’t get the gloves off without tremendous effort.

I’ve read other threads on here and have tried light lubrication. That helps them go on just fine, but in practicing with them I can’t get them off if I have both gloves on. If I have one hand bare I can eventual swear my way through removing the other.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes they are a PITA, they should loosen up after some use. Lubricant is important. When I remove mine I wedge my thumb and finger between the glove and suit rings and separate. Once the seal is broken the glove comes off easily.

What kind of lubrication are you using. I used a very thin wipe of silicone on the O-ring and have no problem getting each gloves off, with the other glove on. The only qualifier for my response is that my drysuit is new, and hasn't been in the water yet. I don't know if that makes a difference; presumably, water is not coming in contact with the glove O-ring - sleeve ring interface.

....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Why won't making a glove fist while tugging up your drysuit arm sleeve work?

Spool rim inserted and twisted works for me, better if it's aluminium tho.

Use a tiny bit of silicon grease to lube the oring and it will be super easy. Don't use too much though. Just a little drop should be enough for the entire ring. And voila it will pop on and off without any effort. But just an tiny tiny bit. Oh and did I say just to use a tiny bit? :wink:

Zipper lube. 4 years, no issues.

You can't just rip them apart. The rings WILL bind. Open one side maybe ¼" and go 180° on the ring and open up a little more. Like putting them on, you walk them off. Very easy to do. No tools needed, ever! If the rings cock in each other they will lock up. Straighten them up and they will be fine. Cocking them harder isn't the fix.

Are you remembering to put air in your drysuit or pull your neck seal to relieve the squeeze prior to taking the gloves off? If the suit is still vacuum sealed to you the gloves will be very hard to take off...

Spool rim inserted and twisted works for me, better if it's aluminium tho.

Me too!

No lube, no anything, just open it with edge of spool...works 100%.

Stick a bolt snap in to the groove and twist it. Simples.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom