Santi Smart Seal Gloves pop off too easily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

90to90

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering if anyone else has encountered this. Recently re-installed my santi smart seals (I dive wet gloves in the summer) and have noticed it is a little too easy to remove the gloves. A couple of times now my left glove has detached right before a dive. I am lubricating the o-rings with a copious amount of silicon grease (maybe too much? Is that possible?). The gloves do make that snap sound when I put them on, and I haven't had them come off during a dive thankfully, but it makes me nervous that if I bump into something, get caught in something, etc. I will end up with a flooded suit. Last year (first year I had them) I struggled to pop them off after a dive, and also struggled to get them on (didn't realize I needed to use silicon grease on the o-ring). Not sure what's causing them to detach so easily now other than maybe too much grease. Any thoughts?

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this. Recently re-installed my santi smart seals (I dive wet gloves in the summer) and have noticed it is a little too easy to remove the gloves. A couple of times now my left glove has detached right before a dive. I am lubricating the o-rings with a copious amount of silicon grease (maybe too much? Is that possible?). The gloves do make that snap sound when I put them on, and I haven't had them come off during a dive thankfully, but it makes me nervous that if I bump into something, get caught in something, etc. I will end up with a flooded suit. Last year (first year I had them) I struggled to pop them off after a dive, and also struggled to get them on (didn't realize I needed to use silicon grease on the o-ring). Not sure what's causing them to detach so easily now other than maybe too much grease. Any thoughts?
Too much grease probably. I’ve not had it happen on my smart seals but I have over greased kubi rings and had one pop off under water

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom