Latest entry requirement to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Certificate of Entry (COE) to Thailand
I believe you really need a smart mobile to do that.
I hope I am wrong!!!

During the time that I spent in Thailand (December 2020 through March 2021), I did not really need a smart mobile for anything. Nobody checked my CoE after the airport. Traveling between islands (Tao, Samui), there was a placard with a QR code leading to a Google form collecting some details, which I filled, but I'm not sure whether it was actually mandatory - certainly nobody seemed to do any checking. On Koh Tao, there is an entry checkpoint where they checked temperature and collected passport details; on Koh Samui there was not even that. Larger supermarkets on Koh Tao had a paper register of customers where you were supposed to sign in (name, passport/ID number, phone number), but enforcement was quite loose. 7-11s and restaurants didn't have even that. Restaurants in Bangkok had the same paper registries, and enforcement seemed to be more strict - i.e. first you sign in, then they bring you the menu.

Does anyone here have experience with Fisherman's Village on Koh Samui?

I recently saw video related to what goes on in the town and thought that though it's not ideal for diving, it could be a nice stay just for the food and the different music venues.

So you can down load the CoE as paper form instead electronically on smart phone. That is good.

Does anyone here have experience with Fisherman's Village on Koh Samui?

I recently saw video related to what goes on in the town and thought that though it's not ideal for diving, it could be a nice stay just for the food and the different music venues.

I don't know what's going on there now, but when I went to Samui in February to renew my visa, it was a total ghost town. I took an hour's walk from the pier to my hotel (due to boat schedule, I had to stay there for two nights), and almost all hotels that I saw on the way were shuttered, restaurants and bars closed, etc. Koh Tao, by comparison, was a lot more lively - almost everything was open; the only thing missing were the noisy crowds of drunk backpackers, which I did not miss one bit.

As far as diving on Samui goes, from what I understand, they mostly take speedboats to Koh Tao dive sites anyway.

So you can down load the CoE as paper form instead electronically on smart phone. That is good.

I got mine as a PDF which I printed out. I had to show it at the check-in desk in TLV, then at the gate in DXB, and finally at several checkpoints in BKK. Nobody asked for it afterwards, not even at visa renewal.

I got mine as a PDF which I printed out. I had to show it at the check-in desk in TLV, then at the gate in DXB, and finally at several checkpoints in BKK. Nobody asked for it afterwards, not even at visa renewal.

Thank you very much.

What onward travel will be permitted for those without a mobile phone. How will they be tracked?
Such a person would be completely bewildering to the Thais; they may have phones for sale at a "small" markup or put the technology challenged visitor on the first flight back whence they came.

Such a person would be completely bewildering to the Thais; they may have phones for sale at a "small" markup or put the technology challenged visitor on the first flight back whence they came.
My dive/travel partner spend so much time on the phone with work they have chosen not to have a personal one, therefore, travels without a phone.

My dive/travel partner spend so much time on the phone with work they have chosen not to have a personal one, therefore, travels without a phone.
That's their personal choice...and the Thais are within their rights to require visitors to have one to enter the country. I hear the diving in Belize is very nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom