Cressi Leonardo, no display after renewing battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spoke to a cressi service center today who informed me the reason is I am using a duracell battery instead of varta battery. Apparently there is a difference in milliamp power.i have ordered a varta battery so watch this space
Interesting, since when I bought their own branded service kit, it came with a Duracell battery.

They sound full of it but there's a few places out there that put cr2430 vartas at 300 mAh and duracells: at 285, so maybe they're not.

They sound full of it but there's a few places out there that put cr2430 vartas at 300 mAh and duracells: at 285, so maybe they're not.
I agree, it's hard to believe margins were so tight on the battery that 15ma is a deal breaker. Every battery I've ever tried to max out on current has lasted only a few seconds before voltage drops to an unusable level.

I would try connecting it to the pc/mac interface software and re-configuring the settings. I would suspect that config data may have been lost if the cell was too low for long enough that backup capacitors were drained.

Cressi PC interfaces

I would try connecting it to the pc/mac interface software and re-configuring the settings. I would suspect that config data may have been lost if the cell was too low for long enough that backup capacitors were drained.

Not for leo/giotto: they've an IR eye that will beam the log out. That's all it's good for, there's noting configurable nor flushable firmware in there.

Some seiko manuals mention resetting the watch after battery change, but in this case the contacts involved would be inside the main compartment where we can't get to them.

I decided to try a Varta battery based on this thread. Did not make a difference.

The Cressi rep I've been emailing with is insistent that I work with a local retailer to get it fixed, and pointed me toward Eco Dive Center. I called Eco and they confirmed that while they don't repair computers in-house, they could send it to Cressi and get it fixed for about $40 in labor, plus the cost of any necessary parts, which they estimated at somewhere around $50 depending on a host of as-yet-unknowable factors.

I don't think I'm going to do it. For ~$90 I could buy a used computer, and I wasn't that fond of this one anyway. Maybe I'll see it anyone wants it for free, knowing what it'll cost to fix it, just to keep it out of a landfill.

If you had a proper bench power supply, you could try to zap it with a 3.3V, or even 5. Actually any computer PSU will do those.

I have now tried the varta battery and it made no difference. I contacted cressi and the dive computer is being sent to Italy for reprogramming free of charge even though it is out of warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom