Best Doubles Wing?

Which wing?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Evo 40 is an excellent wing. Used one for years for all sorts of backmount diving.

They do occasionally come up second hand. Make sure the stitching's OK and not rotted (which happened on a single tank version I bought -- and Halcyon were brilliant in selling me a cheap replacement outer shell).

I like halycon expensive but based on them replacing the outer cover on a 12 year old one free they have made a lifetime customer out of my.

My most recent addition
20210407_175600.jpg

I would agree. A wing is just material with a bladder inside. It's not rocket science. Cheaper brands are just as good an expensive brands.

I don't exactly agree. Different wings have slightly different shapes and therefore different buoyancy characteristics. I am able to trim out well in some wings and not others. Then you also have the quality of the materials and the construction involved. All wings are not the same IMO.

With that said I have no clue who Tecline is. I've never seen their wings nor heard of the manufacturer. They may be fantastic. I have no data one way or the other. I do know Halcyon and their wings are top notch and are made with high quality materials and construction. They also provide outstanding customer service which is something to consider.

Tecline's a reasonably good European brand, popular in -- gosh -- Europe.

Halcyon are great but can be extremely overpriced. Hence look for second hand.

A lot of people here in the US use Dive Rite. Less expensive than Halycon and rugged.

This may interest you. One of my dive instructors from years ago is selling this for $300CAD.
Facebook

edit:
I just noticed you're in Singapore. Shipping this might be a costly issue. :)

What other brands does the OP have access to besides Halcyon and Tecline?

I love forums in general not just diving but in general.

I'm trying to decide between honda and Toyota. Responses I like chevy, a lot of people drive ford's here, have you looked at Kia.

I love forums in general not just diving but in general.

I'm trying to decide between honda and Toyota. Responses I like chevy, a lot of people drive ford's here, have you looked at Kia.

Options are good to have. :D

Back
Top Bottom