Private or Dedicated Guides / Spotters...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SEEMS LIKE FERNANDO MAY HAVE MOVED TO DIVE WITH MARTIN....
ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE?
As @gopbroek indicated, pretty much every shop has private guide available subject to Covid space restrictions. Most also have divemasters whose strength is finding small stuff. It is also easier to find small stuff if you don’t have a big group to worry about, so a private guide is a good idea if you have the means.

That said, Fernando at Pelagic Ventures is really good for finding macro stuff. I have friends with 10,000+ professional dives in Cozumel who are very envious of his ability to find small stuff (kind of a running joke at this point about what did Fernando see today ). Certainly not the only good macro guide in Cozumel, but definitely worthy of consideration.

SEEMS LIKE FERNANDO MAY HAVE MOVED TO DIVE WITH MARTIN....
ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE?

Fernando is definitely still with Pelagic Ventures Scuba. I confirmed that 10 minutes ago.

Please note there is also another shop with Pelagic in the name (they might have had a Fernando there, I don’t know ). Fernando is also a pretty common name for divemasters.

Bottom line is that the Fernando I recommended for macro is still at Pelagic Ventures Scuba. (You had me worried there for a minute !)

Fernando is definitely still with Pelagic Ventures Scuba. I confirmed that 10 minutes ago.

Please note there is also another shop with Pelagic in the name (they might have had a Fernando there, I don’t know ). Fernando is also a pretty common name for divemasters.

Bottom line is that the Fernando I recommended for macro is still at Pelagic Ventures Scuba. (You had me worried there for a minute !)

Me, too. I almost put in an emergency phone call.

Fernando is there! On the hunt for octopus, squid, seahorse, pipefish, frogfish, similar.

Fernando is there! On the hunt for octopus, squid, seahorse, pipefish, frogfish, similar.

And those black specks that end up being nudis.

Julio is no longer at Tres Pelicanos Dive Center unfortunately.

Just as a me too, I have dove with Julio at 3P and the stuff he finds is amazing. I recall on my last trip he was finding tiny tiny pipefish floating around in the detritus on the bottom. If you are going to dive with him make sure your reading vision is good and maybe bring a magnifying glass!!!

We tried to arrange a time to dive with Julio at his new shop, but it might be he is not actually doing trips anymore. We even asked about getting Julio as a private guide, but did not seem to be possible.

Just as a me too, I have dove with Julio at 3P and the stuff he finds is amazing. I recall on my last trip he was finding tiny tiny pipefish floating around in the detritus on the bottom. If you are going to dive with him make sure your reading vision is good and maybe bring a magnifying glass!!!

We tried to arrange a time to dive with Julio at his new shop, but it might be he is not actually doing trips anymore.

Was this the Julio Kin Scuba dive shop located at Hotel Barracuda? Was it him personally that was not available or is the shop not doing trips?

Back
Top Bottom