Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And some people still don’t believe me. Yantian has been very quiet and under the radar until fairly recently. Ships are taking containers out of Yantian and taking them to Qingdao. All because of Covid. Lots of cases and port was working very little. Lots more ships stuck off Yantian than ever were off LA/LGB.
I was reading that shipping rates have gone sky high, and many companies are desperate and pay. Those Greek shipping magnates must be doing quite well!

I was reading that shipping rates have gone sky high, and many companies are desperate and pay. Those Greek shipping magnates must be doing quite well!

I was just reading on the American Shipper website earlier in the week that Home Depot has chartered a ship just for its containers. That is unprecedented. That is a sign just how weird things are.

Take a look at GCaptain’s website. Can’t link to it now. Article saying the Yantian created delays will be worse than those from the Suez blockage.

Well, its a good thing we aren't over-reliant on one country or region for our manufactured goods or vital raw materials.

Oh.

Just read there are about 130 container ships off the coast of China waiting to get into port. Yantian is becoming a major choke point. At the worst, only about 40 ships were at anchor off LA/LGB.

Any other year, we’d be starting “peak season” for Christmas. The big retailers like to have inventory in their DCs by sometime in September. All bets are off this year.

As I’ve been telling friends for weeks, if you see something now that you’d like to buy for gift giving in December, buy it NOW. There are no guarantees the item will be in stock later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom