New member Here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Everyone,

It’s that time to make my intro post. I’m TJ and I’ve been diving for a few years now. I started my journey in Germany, getting my DM certification through SSI. I’ve been able to dive in some amazing places around the world. Since then I have found myself living in South Dakota. It should come as no surprise that the diving here leaves a person wanting but I will get it done. Anyways thanks for reading this and replying. I look forward to reading your post and communicating with the other members. If you find yourself in SD and need a dive buddy just let me know and I got you.
V/R
TJ

Welcome. A number of us don't have good local oceanic diving (or ocean, for that matter), and rely on 'dive tourism' to get our fix. It's pricey...but doable for a lot of people.

Richard.

Welcome to ScubaBoard, and Howdy! from Texas. Glad to have you aboard!

Hello Everyone,

It’s that time to make my intro post. I’m TJ and I’ve been diving for a few years now. I started my journey in Germany, getting my DM certification through SSI. I’ve been able to dive in some amazing places around the world. Since then I have found myself living in South Dakota. It should come as no surprise that the diving here leaves a person wanting but I will get it done. Anyways thanks for reading this and replying. I look forward to reading your post and communicating with the other members. If you find yourself in SD and need a dive buddy just let me know and I got you.
V/R
TJ

Hiya, TJ, welcome from another newbie to the board, and definitely a newbie diver compared to you. I'm at the opposite end of the country--Texas. Have you managed to find places to dive in SD? Even if they're not ideal? I live central- inland, and we're fortunate to have some pretty diveable lakes, even though the viz is often not so great. But they're deep, and not always cold (although they're often dark). Dark and cold aren't always appealing to me, but they offer great training opportunities, and I've tried to shift my perspective to appreciate and take advantage of them. And hey, in the depths of summer, you can get away with no exposure suit if you stay above the thermocline. Beats a sharp stick in the eye . . .

Welcome! I'm also new here; a diver out of Washington, DC.

Hello Everyone,

V/R
TJ
Welcome aboard. New member myself.

Back
Top Bottom