'09 Ranger LTD - shoulder size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkimFisher

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I just bought a Ranger LTD (got it in last week) and I love it. But I've got a question about adjusting/fitting the shoulder straps. I have pretty small frame - 5'5" @147 lbs. The LTD I have is a small - both shoulders and waist. It fits me pretty well, however the sternum strap is WAY too high on me and I feel like I need to cinch the straps down way too far in order to lower it. I have to cinch them down so far that it's forcing me to wear the BC a little too high on my body - even then the sternum strap is about an inch below my neck and is already on the lower set of loops.

So this makes me think I need to go up a size on the shoulders - to a medium. Does this sound right? What are my options for changing the straps out? Do I need to contact the dealer?

I realize this is my fault. The only other Zeagle BC I've dived was an Escape w/no sternum strap - also a small. Didn't have this problem - though I'm not sure what the shoulder size was. So I figured, "hey, a small should work."...maybe not. :/ Live and learn.

I appreciate any feedback.

....yeah, it certainly sounds like the sternum strap is too high....if you go up a size on the shoulder straps things should improve, there should be plenty of ability to take up any excess slack via the sightening pull downs if you go up a size...and if you want to dress up the BC a bit after you've adjusted it I like to use bicycle tire inner tube sections cut to the correct lengeths to 'tuck' any excess danglies inside as I hate having the extra length dangling/swaying/hanging out.....looks a lot more 'professional' and avoids a snag hazzard if you ever go through any tight swimthroughs/wreck opening or hatches. Also, wouldn't hurt to contact the dealer to confirm things/measurements.

Is there a guide for removing the shoulder assembly? I checked the website and didn't see anything. It looks intuitive, but I just want to make sure I don't accidentally send him only part of it or something.

I talked to the dealer and he's going to switch the assemblies out for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom