10 days in Fiji - what not to miss?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mantra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi guys! We have decided on a quick break over to Fiji in a couple of weeks (leaving on the 20th). It's just a short trip. 10 days only.

We have dove Indonesia and the Philippines quite a bit, but this is our first time in Fiji. We prefer to spend time in one or two places and see them properly. My wife and I both love shark diving, so Bequa Lagoon (probably staying in Pacific Harbour to keep costs down) is one thing we are considering. We also like muck diving, macro photography, and coral. My wife has recently recovered from major surgery (DAN has cleared her to dive) so relatively easy diving is a bonus. Probably no heavy-current, negative entry pony bottle stuff this time around :) We also don't mind staying in cheap places and putting the money saved into the diving. Fancy dive resorts are often just out of our price range, as are liveaboards at this stage.

Thanks heaps!!!!! Any tips appreciated!

I have been to fiji 3 times all up the north mostly around the rainbow reef staying different resorts.A couple of things i would recommend besides the rainbow reef area is the hammerhead dive we did with Korosun dive and Namena.When we did the hammerheads we saw 25 to 30 of them and they often see more.This was in the Savusavu area where you can also dive Namena which is the best dive I have ever had.
If you go to Rainbow reef the dolphin divers resort is very cheap and very close to the action.

If you love sharks, then do the shark dive for sure!!!!!! We saw a lot of many kinds of sharks including a 16-17' tiger shark on the 2nd dive. It was amazing! Have fun!!! Also, the diving around Bequa Lagoon was very easy( not great) but super easy diving!!!

We did the beqa shark dive, which was good, but stayed around the bend at lalAti which was AwESOme! Shore diving was kind of muck, but had it all to ourselves and found new flatworms and nudibranch every dive. Some to mention are gloomy tamja, flAtworm discodoris, spotted hypsoldoris, Persian carpet worm, trynon's risbeciA, siboga cuthona...the list goes on. Have amazing pictures of all of these and more. Saw more than 100 lochs chromosome is on the trip that we just stopped counting.

Mantra - did you go and come back - is there a trip report (photos?) floating around somewhere?

It was more like watching a shark circus than actually diving with sharks. So overrated and IMO really stupid.

lol-------bet you & I don't like the same kinda food---------either...Me???----Cajun style with plenty of Tony's & crab boil--with extra cayenne pepper...............Any Tiger's present???????----2 for us......)

14'footer..
13647034524_eae4070989_z.jpg
[/URL]14 ft. Tiger shark...Beqa Lagoon, Fiji by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

Then the 18 footer came in(as big as a VW bus) on the 2nd dive---btw, it had been 3 weeks since had shown up AND the DM'ers told us in the predive briefing we would NOT see any Tiger's today---needless to say,------they were WRONG..:)..
13646938795_42383713bd_z.jpg
[/URL]18 ft Tiger shark...Beqa Lagoon, Fiji by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom