10 versus 20 foot last stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yup, which is why we stop around 15ft, running 1.3.

I only ever blow the CNS clock on 4 hour dives.

if it's still going crazy at 1.3 at 15ft then you might not have completed a full O2 flush. Try setting solenoid to 1.0-1.2 and manually keep it up? You're asking it for an fO2 of 90% at that point which it should be able to maintain if you flushed it all the way

Last edited:
generally at 15 ft, its not doing too bad, but much shallower and fires like crazy. Depends how much I'm offgassing. Shorter dives not too bad, long dives I must deflate like a balloon.

generally at 15 ft, its not doing too bad, but much shallower and fires like crazy. Depends how much I'm offgassing. Shorter dives not too bad, long dives I must deflate like a balloon.

Do you run a set point of 1.3 on the surface? Why not?

Here's something to think about. If your loop has nothing but oxygen in it because you did an O2 loop flush, you don't need to run a set point higher than the lowest set point your ccr can handle.

What's the advantage to you in having your solenoid firing while you're running in oxygen rebreather mode?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom