100 Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daryl Morse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, today was the day I reached the century mark. The first dive (100) was the ex-HMCS Chaudiere and the second dive was Stag Wall.

What a fantastic, albeit fricking cold, day it was! There was ice on the water in Porpoise Bay (brrrh), but everything else made up for it. The sky was blue, the sun was shining, the mountains were covered in snow, the water was glassy calm and the vis was the very best I've experienced in BC waters. We could see the boat and the reflection of the wall on the surface from 120 fsw. I've never not needed a light to dive in my home waters so that makes Numbers 100 & 101 even more memorable.

(I've heard people say that you're supposed to dive number 100 in the buff, but I was more than cold enough wearing my drysuit. Gotta get dry gloves and a Weasel Extreme +.)

Thanks to Porpoise Bay Charters and my buddies for a great day.

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a beautiful day to dive, although BRRRRR, that's way too cold for me. I'm going to hit my 100th dive in Bonaire when we go in March. My husband told me about the diving in the buff part, but I don't think that'll happen (even with warm water).

Daryl: Congrats :)

We had ice on the waters in Nanaimo today as well. Weird to see.

There is something about that 100 number, isn't there...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom