$100 USB Cables??? Shame on You!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tod:
Every time I take my laptop with me underwater when I dive (trying to check my profile) it doesn't seem to want to work! Bad USB cable?

You have to select underwater mode, and then press any key. :D

dlndavid:
You have to select underwater mode, and then press any key. :D

t2_anykey-button.jpg

BrianS:
Just an FYI, if you raise your computer from a lower position to a higher position quickly, it will show you having a high ascent rate. So say your computer is on a console hanging down, you reach for it, bring it up to see it, you just exceeded the computers ascent rate. So you may be seeing that in your profile too, just an FYI.

I noticed that, thanks. Picky little things huh? To add to that, if one thinks a violation showing up in the graph is just your arm raising up quickly then check your variable ascent rate indicator field in your dive detail chart and compare that to the time/length it took place.

Well...I'd agree with Dr. Bill's reasoning that everything should be included...I've often wondered why it's not.

Still...I don't think that Suunto's interface/software (they must be a bundle to be used properly) is any more expensive than the others (that use a hard-wired interface).

One day, some manufacturer will include everything in order to win more customers, then the others will fall in line.

It's One way :wink:
There is at least one person who's put together a USB cable for the suunto, of course He want's $70 for it.

CIBDiving:
It's One way :wink:
There is at least one person who's put together a USB cable for the suunto, of course He want's $70 for it.
I know that my brother is making a DIY cable and I have the plans for both the serial and the USB style. He said that there was one component of the USB that was pretty pricey (IIRC $25US). So I think the $70 might be fair price.

JeffG:
..... He said that there was one component of the USB that was pretty pricey (IIRC $25US). So I think the $70 might be fair price.

I agree - I have one on order, but it hasn't got here yet.
It has a very neat comp connection also ( at least from the pix), It looks much cleaner than any other I've seen.

Either way, you'll still pay for it. Either by a higher priced Computer or as a seperate cable.

I'd rather pass less for the computer and decide if I want the cable or not.

I bought my Atmos 2 for $100 off, does that mean I got a free cable?

undrwater:
One day, some manufacturer will include everything in order to win more customers, then the others will fall in line.

Back
Top Bottom