1000 Lumen Dive Light - SORRY :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where did you get the colorful gloves?

Seattle Marine :) They're the thinner version of the blue smurf gloves.

I'm working on a goodman handle/sock DIY project as we speak.
I'm still blown away at the power of this light.

This thing's going to be perfect for night bug diving in Socal.

FYI I was able to get it to fit into the Oxycheq light sock and feels really solid. It's a very tight fit but got it in there eventually! I have the 500 lumen version btw.

FYI I was able to get it to fit into the Oxycheq light sock and feels really solid. It's a very tight fit but got it in there eventually! I have the 500 lumen version btw.

Which one? The "Universal" is so-so....

Which one? The "Universal" is so-so....

Not the universal one. The regular one with elestic neoprene loop thing to hold the light. yes, it is a tight fit, but it will go it, but the position isn't the best. The light sticks out beyond my fist quite a bit

The only light sock I still have is for the Oxycheq Raider III which was slimmer than the Raider I.
I have it around somewhere and I'll see if I can make it work.
My idea was to make an aluminum handle that would clamp on the body behind the light head and at the back of the light have a separate velcro band that would go around my lower forearm/wrist area to give the light stability.

The thing I never liked about any of those socks is the light spun when you tried to twist them on and off.

I noticed during a dive that the front bezel was twisting loose as I attempted to turn the light off by twisting the head. Can/should I blue loctite it?

Used the 1000 last night on a boat night dive in FL. 80+ft vis.....it worked great! My dive buddy used my 500 lumen version. In addition to the bolt snap that I had fixed to the light with cave line...I also put on the lanyard that came with the light..so they wouldn't have to worry about dropping the light during the dive. When we were getting back on the boat they didn't clip the bolt snap to a D-ring, instead relying on the lanyard and it snapped. The light is now at the bottom of the ocean out in the sand. Gonna have to pick up another 1000 to replace it.

If you are using the lanyard, only use it during the dive as a backup not to drop the light. Not when entering or exiting the water.

That sucks... But at least at this price point it doesn't break the bank to pick up another! Glad to hear they worked great on a night dive though, I was worried that it might have been too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom