10lb. Challenge #3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoo hoo. I'm down 2 lbs for this challenge.

Had a good week ... last week was at 240.8 and this morning was at 238.4. I had a devil of a time cracking the 240 barrier ... seemed like I hit a "plateau" between 242 and 240 and it took a couple of weeks to get the scale moving down again.

I've hit my first goal of losing 20 lbs (when I started in early November I was almost 260). My next goal is to be at 225 by the time I head off to Cozumel in late March. Once I reach that point, I'll set another goal.

Drysuit's gettin' kind've roomy ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Good for you, Bob!!! Yay!! I think I'm at a plateau too... I'm sticking between 278 and 280. It's gotta break soon! These are the times that I tend to give up... and I'm NOT giving up!

When I first started losing weight I was 220 lbs, I managed to get to 195 lbs and then for about a month nothing much happened. I didn't change anything and all of a sudden the weight started dropping off again, in fact it seemed to drop faster once I breached the plateau. Of course there was another one down there as well.

So, look forwards to breaching it and continuing down. Perseverance is all it takes. I'm looking forwards to tomorrow's weight check, I think I've lost some more because I noticed my pants wanting to slide down easier than before.

Platau for me too ER but WE WONT GIVE UP!!!

at the moment i know im still active, keeping busy, out diving, having fun and not gaining so im in a happy place and chugging along!!

cheers

almitywife:
Platau for me too ER but WE WONT GIVE UP!!!

at the moment i know im still active, keeping busy, out diving, having fun and not gaining so im in a happy place and chugging along!!

cheers

Thank you for the motivation, Almity! I made it back to the gym today and worked out for 90 minutes. 1 hour on weight machines, and 28 minutes (10 miles) on the recumbant bike, and 2 minutes on the elliptical (realized it still hurts my knees).

I think I'm gonna try to make the lap swim tomorrow night.

I've noticed a couple things today. First, I realized that the food doesn't control me anymore! I control it! I realized that I no longer clean my plate off. I eat smaller portions and healthier choices. The second thing I noticed is that I wasn't wanting to quit my cardio after 5 minutes! LOL I just can't stand cardio... and would much rather just do weights, but I know I MUST do cardio... so I grit my teeth and do it. I made the WHOLE 28 minutes on the bike, and still felt like I could go more! Wow!

I went to lunch with a friend today, and she noticed that I've been losing weight! Yay!

YAH!!!!! ER!!!!!

now you are getting to the place where people dont just double look quitely theyre actually brave enough to ask you..... whatever you do - DONT DISMISS your efforts! BE PROUD of them!

great going...... even walking up and down the pool will be good for your knees

almitywife:
YAH!!!!! ER!!!!!

now you are getting to the place where people dont just double look quitely theyre actually brave enough to ask you..... whatever you do - DONT DISMISS your efforts! BE PROUD of them!

great going...... even walking up and down the pool will be good for your knees

Thank you, Almity! And, I don't walk up and down the pool.... I swim it, baby!:wink: I believe the last time I was swimming laps, I was doing about 45+ lengths an hour in a 25 meter pool. That was in the spring... so we'll see how many I do tomorrow.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom