10w 18w 21w HID smack down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
During our night dives I really haven't been able to tell much of a difference between the 18w and the 21w and even the 10w HIDs seem just as bright though the beam is not as large and doesn't penetrate as far.

However last night while swimming out to our drop the four of us pointed our lights at the building across the street. The 10w lights barely showed up and were washed out by the 18w. The 21w washed out the 18w.

Then we realized that if we didn't quit shining our lights on the building the residents would probably call the police.

Sounds like another Roswell in the making! :eyebrow:

I just put my order in for the Uncle Pug flame thrower special with Howard..... can't wait to take it for a test run!

UP,
You guys aren't trying to land planes with those things are ya? :wink:

Jason

Cool. I now have a third item for my wish list. Well, okay, third for my 'likely to happen' wish list.

Here's a question: I love how small the Halcyon 10w HIDs are; what is the cheapest 10w I could get that is as small as the Halcyon one?

Back
Top Bottom