12 - 14 foot Hammerhead just off Pensacola Beach.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Florabama

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just when you were already afraid to go into the water because of two shark attacks in two days, the Escambia County Sheriffs heliocopter spotted this monster cruising the beach. If you click on the pic, there's some video footage:

http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

That is a BIG A@@ shark. We have plenty of Hammerheads around the island, but I haven't seen one while diving- thank god. I will stick to the white tip reef sharks. Don't care to see a tiger underwater either.

What a magnificent creature, gosh I wish I could see him in person. Haven't seen a Hammerhead since I left the Philippines.

I would love to see one of these in person, but I understand that they are very skittish. I've never heard of them implicated in an attack. In my neck of the woods, its always Mr. Bull, and we see them pretty regularly.

Nice! And agree, would love to see one in person.

He's probably combing the sand for buried food, swinging his head back and forth so much.

Looking for stingrays (hammers favorite food) and flounder! 12' isn't all that bad, we've got em around Cayo Costa and Boca Grande Pass that size. Thats pretty average for tarpon season here to.

Back
Top Bottom