12-50mm w/ E-PL1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 12-50 does not fit into the 14-42 Nauticam flat port (it is too long by very little). It does fit nicely in the 9-18 dome port (I did not test image quality of this combination).

As Phil wrote, the standard zoom gear will not work. However, I think it will be possible to build something (based on the zoom gear I have for the 14-42/9-18). Will report if I manage to get this working...

I am very interested in that. Please follow up on that as I am a little reluctant to pay $1000 for the dedicated port and gear.

I do not know with PT01, but with 10bar semi dome port, I can use the zoom ring. No way to operate the macro button though.
Once you set to macro, it stick to 43mm macro.
So, I prefer to use the zoom gear, and then put wet lens for macro.
I heard Nauticam is making special gear, somebody told me it cost more than 500 bucks, wow!

Can you send a picture of the zoom ring setup you use? (As Phil pointed out the zoom is far away from the camera body)

Thanks!

---------- Post Merged at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:12 PM ----------

One more thought, the whole discussion seems to be about the zoom gear. The real question, given that this an electronic zoom, is why there is no software update to control the zoom using the camera functions (everything else is so programmable). I am sure that Oly will run into this issue when making their housing for the EM5+12-50 "kit".

Can you send a picture of the zoom ring setup you use? (As Phil pointed out the zoom is far away from the camera body)

Thanks!

---------- Post Merged at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:12 PM ----------

One more thought, the whole discussion seems to be about the zoom gear. The real question, given that this an electronic zoom, is why there is no software update to control the zoom using the camera functions (everything else is so programmable). I am sure that Oly will run into this issue when making their housing for the EM5+12-50 "kit".

Here, not elegance but work well - hv used it for wa (12mm is not wide for UW) as well as for macro (with wet lens)

1PEPL1.jpg

here i also make some comparison with other lens
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ol...4mm-35mm-macro-12-50mm-all-semidome-port.html

Back
Top Bottom