12 boys lost in flooded Thai cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More detailed video on Elon's kid-size submarine escape pod.

Might be a useful tool for future rescue situations. If it makes the job of the rescue team safer then fair play to him.

Just spent a few seconds trying to muster some suitable sarcasm, but no way I will be up to the task. I hope they're having fun lugging that thing around a pool.

It's 8AM in Thailand and the most recent we heard from the rescue operations center was 11 hours ago: "for the next operation to happen, we cannot say. It will be between 10 and 20 hours, but not over 20. We have to evaluate all the factors."

Anyone know if the rains (which were reportedly heavy last night) subsided or worsened? More pumping necessary?

Last edited:
It's 8AM in Thailand and the most recent we heard from the rescue operations center was 11 hours ago: "for the next operation to happen, we cannot say. It will be between 10 and 20 hours, but not over 20. We have to evaluate all the factors."

Anyone know if the rains (which were reportedly heavy last night)
The Guardian has seemed current, but no news yet in their morning reporting:
(it did rain last night, but has stopped)

Thai cave rescue to resume with eight boys and coach still trapped – latest news

Just spent a few seconds trying to muster some suitable sarcasm, but no way I will be up to the task. I hope they're having fun lugging that thing around a pool.
Even if it wasn't helpful here, innovation is not a bad thing. It could be a prototype for something used in the future.

He did something a hell of a lot more useful then sending "thoughts and prayers". And we have no idea if his engineers on sight were able to contribute or not.

Back
Top Bottom