12 Days to Bonaire!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang, I hope they'll figure out how to get your bags to you very soon!! Any ETA on when you might see them? Luckily, you don't need much so if you have to buy a pair of shorts and a couple of t-shirts, that won't be horrible. All the dive shops have decent gear, so that's a plus to be able to get what you don't have....but definitely not like having your own stuff. :(

Possibly tonight or tomorrow. Did two dives today.

We arrived...me a couple scuba board guys on the plane....2 dives eden beach on saturday and 6 dives on sunday...going good...look forward to barbque on tuesday at plaza

Possibly tonight or tomorrow. Did two dives today.

I would like to know the outcome of this.... Does Delta have more than two flights a week?

Mike was making up for lost time (lost dives), and we spoke in passing all week. Neith of us stood still long enough to get dry, and were always going in different directions.

There were a LOT of airline mixups. Different groups, different carriers. many issues, not related to Bonaire, but to very lax airline service. canceled flights, postponed flights, luggage problems. Was a rough week to be traveling the friendly @#$%&-up skys! :shocked2: But in the end, everyone got here, got their gear and dived their @$$#$ off! :D

I hate Delta ... I only use them when I have no other alternative, and almost every time I do they screw something up. The worst part is the predictable "There's nothing I can do" attitude you get from the Delta employees ... it's gotta be a corporate culture thing.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We arrived...me a couple scuba board guys on the plane....2 dives eden beach on saturday and 6 dives on sunday...going good...look forward to barbque on tuesday at plaza

Sorry Liz,...I accidentally hijacked your screen name when I borrowed computer...We had an awesome trip....Enjoyed the Golden Reef inn!!

I hate Delta ... I only use them when I have no other alternative, and almost every time I do they screw something up. The worst part is the predictable "There's nothing I can do" attitude you get from the Delta employees ... it's gotta be a corporate culture thing.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I think that just about everyone we met this last week on Bonaire had problems with airlines. Every airline $@%##-up something, except maybe the MIA/BON Insel. Lost luggage, missed or delayed flights, missed connections, etc.

Our Newark 11:45 PM Continental red eye to Bonaire last Sat was already boarded, when they scrubbed the plane, and we had to wait 2 hrs for a new one. The people we shared a quad with, from Illinois had a plane canceled, changed their flight plans, and then lost luggage.
Yesterday our Huston to Cleavland Continental connection was missed because they shut the doors 10 minutes before the flight time, and locked us out (Customs was a nightmare/zoo July 3!). Took hours to locate a connection that would get us in to Albany @12:30AM this morning, instead of the 7PM arrival we had booked! I owe two ladies at Continental service a huge Thank You for spending way over an hour finding a way to get us home, by going standby, switching airlines and connecting cities, etc, to catch the only late flight into Albany. Long rough trip, but we made it without a overnight layover, finally.

Ugh, back in the real world again. Enjoyed meeting several of you. Big thanks to gypsyjim for Scuba Board stickers. The BBQ at the Plaza was a great idea and would recommend to others trying to do a meet up.

This was our first trip to Bonaire but won't be the last! Will try to post up a trip report in a day or two after we get caught up here.

Ugh, back in the real world again. Enjoyed meeting several of you. Big thanks to gypsyjim for Scuba Board stickers. The BBQ at the Plaza was a great idea and would recommend to others trying to do a meet up.

This was our first trip to Bonaire but won't be the last! Will try to post up a trip report in a day or two after we get caught up here.

Join our DNY ScubaBoard group next June!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dive-ny/329439-bonaire-dny-invasion-reserve-now.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom