13 things that confuse the smartest people on Earth.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
this is so true, dude... i go through like six pairs of socks per month. they just
vanish. they're not in the washer or drier, they're not on the six feet of floor
that separate the washer and drier from my sock drawer, they're not in the sock
drawer...

i didn't throw them away. my wife didn't throw them away.

sock gnomes.

Our research has shown that in some cases the socks are acting alone. We have found them clinging with all of their strength to the inside of the dryer. Then after you leave the room they make a break for it.

We must be thorough in our search :eyebrow:

TheDivingPreacher:
Our research has shown that in some cases the socks are acting alone. We have found them clinging with all of their strength to the inside of the dryer. Then after you leave the room they make a break for it.

We must be thorough in our search :eyebrow:
I believe what we are seeing is sock divorce. Some of them just dont want to be paired up anymore, so they seek a civil seperation. Some just try to run away and forget about child support, others send in some lint every now and then, but they just dont want to be in that partnership anymore. Personally i have multiple pairs of socks that all look the same - style, colour, pattern - i am i allowing polygamy and swinging in my sock draw with my random pairing? Maybe that is the reason i dont lose many socks as they are getting variety in their pairing up? I believe with these sock disappearances we are witnessing socks trying emulate our society as it stands and the high divorce rate in this country. Why cant one sock to married to another for their life until they become threadbare and are buried in the landfill - till death do us part and all that?

I am sure one day we will also witness why socks get holes in them, i believe its due to the high gun crime, but with low calibre bullets that dont penetrate both sides of the sock. I just need to set up some social experiments, see how alcohol affects them and whether they get abusive towards each other when left alone in the clothing hamper after a good soaking in booze. I can see papers and worldwide fame for discovering the seedy underworld of the sock population of the world!!!!

Yes slow day in work, waiting for my weekend to start at 2pm :wink:

simbrooks:
I believe what we are seeing is sock divorce. Some of them just dont want to be paired up anymore, so they seek a civil seperation. Some just try to run away and forget about child support, others send in some lint every now and then, but they just dont want to be in that partnership anymore. Personally i have multiple pairs of socks that all look the same - style, colour, pattern - i am i allowing polygamy and swinging in my sock draw with my random pairing? Maybe that is the reason i dont lose many socks as they are getting variety in their pairing up? I believe with these sock disappearances we are witnessing socks trying emulate our society as it stands and the high divorce rate in this country. Why cant one sock to married to another for their life until they become threadbare and are buried in the landfill - till death do us part and all that?

I am sure one day we will also witness why socks get holes in them, i believe its due to the high gun crime, but with low calibre bullets that dont penetrate both sides of the sock. I just need to set up some social experiments, see how alcohol affects them and whether they get abusive towards each other when left alone in the clothing hamper after a good soaking in booze. I can see papers and worldwide fame for discovering the seedy underworld of the sock population of the world!!!!

Yes slow day in work, waiting for my weekend to start at 2pm :wink:
I wonder if the rate of sock separation varies by culture and country.

I bet America has one of the highest :wink:

H2Andy:
it's all faith, man... it's all faith

Exactly.

Evolutionists have faith that their theory must be true despite lack of scientific evidence or observability.

Creationists have faith that God did create exactly because there is no evidence of other cause.

As for the apes, you and yours might be a highly specialized branch of the simian tree but me and mine are fearfully and wonderfully made. :dazzler1:

Thank-you-very-much.

CBulla:
Thats all fine, but how does the above tie into the original post?
It doesn't... I think some people think scientist = creationist :wink:

Nothing in the original list has anything to do with God or religion...

Green_Manelishi:
Exactly.

Evolutionists have faith that their theory must be true despite lack of scientific evidence or observability.

Creationists have faith that God did create exactly because there is no evidence of other cause.

As for the apes, you and yours might be a highly specialized branch of the simian tree but me and mine are fearfully and wonderfully made. :dazzler1:

Thank-you-very-much.
:11:
Wow. That's.... wow.

jonnythan:
It doesn't... I think some people think scientist = creationist :wink:

Nothing in the original list has anything to do with God or religion...

Thats what I thought, I just wanted to make sure I didnt misread something.

Green_Manelishi:
Any attempt to debate the "theory" on its merits, is greeted with howls of protest and accusations of persons of faith being simple minded morons.
I just noticed this but wanted to respond.

I'm quite certain that if you sat down with Einstein, Bohr, Newton, Feynmann, Hawking, or basically any other good theoretical physicist, they would all be more than happy to debate any theories on their merits.. and the vast majority of physicists will be very quick to tell you that they have very little evidence on which to base any "beginning of the universe" theories, and that everything we have now is just a best guess.

I'd like to know which high level scientist you talked to that called you a simple minded moron instead of discussing our current physical theories.

The fact is that these people would not *be* theoretical physicists if they didn't have a desire to question the very foundations of what we call our knowledge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom