17 cu. ft. Pony bottle setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGNickl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
(1) Catalina 17 cu. ft. tank
Genesis Pro-Valve
Comes w/ the Yoke plug and as a bonus includes a DIN plug!
Original hydro 05/07
Visual July 2008 (needs a new visual)
Includes hardware as pictured to sling the bottle
Tank is in great condition and pretty much looks like new. Is the standard silver (non-painted) color.
NOTE: It really is a 17 cu. ft tank, its not a standard tank listed on the catalina website. I was told its a small batch production tank mostly used in rebreathers and as pony bottle setup.

Asking $95 or best offer + shipping (I take cash, check, money order, or paypal but add 2.9% for paypal)

+ $45 for an Oceanic Alpha 8 Octo (like new) with hose
+ $20 Aeris button SPG (like new)
=Then add a 1st stage for about $60 (I saw see $59.95 for Zeagle resort 1st stage on Scubatoys.com) and you have a $216 ready to go redundant air source/pony bottle setup!!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
What is a DIN plug?

As Phil said, "the Cap".

but the purpose it a "Plug" to keep gas from venting from a tank in the event that the valve gets accidentally opened, say during tank transportation in a vehicle.

It keeps from loosing an air/gas fill. I real big deal in a higher cost fill such as a Tri-Mix fill, which can be rather expensive on a set of doubles.

it also protects the valve threads from FOD damage.

see Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

they look like this.

HMW-HL402-1.jpg

You can also get a plastic (Delfrin (sp)?) one that doesn't stop gas leaks, but protects the vavle threads from FOD

IS-RB-0931-1.jpg

Just curious why are you selling the tank?
Bought a house, got a dog, need to get a wood fence installed, and getting married in two months. So I doubt I'm going to be diving local anytime soon so I'm clearing some stuff around the house to get some extra cash.

Coming soon:
the "buy my gear so I can pay for a vasectomy" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom