$170 1400 lumen 120 degree spill video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Overall it sounds like you are more then pleased with your purchase. It's good to know that there are alternatives out there that won't set you back $1k for equivalent lighting. I think we are going to see a massive shift in the price point of these lights if your review is any indication.

Overall it sounds like you are more then pleased with your purchase. It's good to know that there are alternatives out there that won't set you back $1k for equivalent lighting. I think we are going to see a massive shift in the price point of these lights if your review is any indication.

Agreed...based on ur review, it really seems that this Archon lights are really a cheap viable alternative to the Sola...here's hoping to the price of these babies to drop even further

I'm not really willing spend the same amount of $$$ for a light as my GoPro camera...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Have you tried any different video modes to see if the medium setting on the light is still showing flickering?

I recently bought a pair of these and I get a flicker at both 60 and 30fps. I suppose that the lower power setting is only useful for stills. I haven't tried them UW yet, but I will next week in Cozumel.

Interesting...I saw something similar with some dry LED lights. The LED controller is likely varying the light intensity by changing the frequency of the current/voltage pulses used to power the LED---invisible to the eye, but a problem with a video camera that is also sampling at 60 or 30 frames per second.

Issues with low power would be a major issue for me. I often use the low and medium settings on my lights.
However, I just picked up an Archon D11v (also the W17v) light which is 860 lumens. Very small and it's output is comparable to the LaLuz L800 light. It has a 110 degree wide beam. It can be found online for under $75. I got myone for $60+11 shipping. Seven Seas Scuba in Monterey is a local retailer for Archon now too.

Last edited:
Great discussion on the archon lights. Just some questions i have1. Is the any option to overcome the flickering problem with 30fps and 60fps?2. I am thinking of getting a pair of the D32VR. However anyone has experience or any feedbacks on using 1 unit of the DH30? The DH30 has higher lumens, longer batt life, almost similar beam width minus the red LED and is actually cheaper. Thanks

I got this aswell. For 150. Cant remember where right now. Use it for video and focus on my slr. Very nice light i think. !
Used a stainless steal plumming clamp, with rubber. Mounted to a 1" ys ball adapter.

Will get more later on.

Battery time is about 1 hour in cold water.

:)

Sendt fra Samsung Galaxy S2, via Tapatalk forum app.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365868392534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365868392534.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 768
I got this aswell. For 150. Cant remember where right now. Use it for video and focus on my slr. Very nice light i think. !
Used a stainless steal plumming clamp, with rubber. Mounted to a 1" ys ball adapter.

Will get more later on...

I was thinking if it might be also enough for stills and I don't need to buy a strobe. Or use 2 Archons, then the video lightning also benefits.

Back
Top Bottom