1992 Zeagle BC -- Is this a Concept?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I think it is a great testament to Zeagle that we are even talking about whether you need to replace a 17 year old BC. My ranger is old, but not 17 years old and I have no intention of replacing it.

Well, let me say this....

If you were thinking about changing it, this would certainly be the time to do so because of the Z-30 program.

I highly doubt that we will have another 30% off sale in the near or distant future....we have had exactly ONE in the last 30 years!!! :wink:

Hopefully in ten years you'll have a Z-40 program :D

OH how could I forget to warn you guys, didn't you know if you aren;t diving a BP/W you will die? :)

Well, let me say this....

If you were thinking about changing it, this would certainly be the time to do so because of the Z-30 program.

I highly doubt that we will have another 30% off sale in the near or distant future....we have had exactly ONE in the last 30 years!!! :wink:

That is in part what motivated my question: since local dealers have a VERY limited supply of BCD, it is difficult to put my hands on a Stiletto or other potential replacement for what I have. A warm water travel bc is what I need and what I have has worked in the past, but if I can can something more compact and travel friendly for the warm water rec diving I do, then I would take advantage of the Z30 sale.
Thanks
JR

I'm in Cozumel now and I was using the BC I posted about and on my 11th dive of the trip the bladder separated from the hose and the bc became non-usable, that is I could not inflate it during the dive or at the surface. I suspected a failure when I first tried to do a minor trim adjustment and when I depressed the inflater, I just heard a bubble of air behind my head. After I was back on the boat the crew examined the bladder and it was very obvious that the bladder had separated from where the hose connects. They offered to try an Aquaseal it, but it did not seem the right thing to do. I made the next dive with a sturdy smb to float me at the surface, but that was no trouble.

The next question is --- since I bought this in 1992 and it has about 112 dives on it and I really like it, do you think there is any warranty option for repair, or is this just a failure that comes with a bladder that was not used for an extended period of time?

Thanks
JR

Back
Top Bottom