1GB xD in C-5050?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beth_M

Reaction score
I was wondering if a 1GB xD card is usable in the C-5050? The 1GB xD is listed under the available accessories for the C-5050 on the Olympus site. However, the Olympus xD compatibility chart shows that the 1GB xD does not work in the C-5050? Which is correct? Thanks.

I had an olympus 1gb xd card,and it wouldn't work in my 5050

hmmm...that is strange...might be because at the time the 5050 was made 1 gig xd cards were not available? just guessing here....I would believe the compatibility chart.

NO, you can't use an 1Gig XD in a 5050. A 1gig CF will work fine but the XD will not. I made the mistake of buying 2 the other day, wife has a new camera for Christmas that uses XD and I found a good deal on 1G XDs so I bought 2. I tried on in my 5050 and it gave me format errors, worked fine in her new Oly. After some research I found that the max size of XD a 5050 will take is a 512, this is off the Oly web site.

herman:
NO, you can't use an 1Gig XD in a 5050. A 1gig CF will work fine but the XD will not. I made the mistake of buying 2 the other day, wife has a new camera for Christmas that uses XD and I found a good deal on 1G XDs so I bought 2. I tried on in my 5050 and it gave me format errors, worked fine in her new Oly. After some research I found that the max size of XD a 5050 will take is a 512, this is off the Oly web site.
hey want to unload those 1 gig cards? I got a place for them.

Thanks for all the input guys. That's disappointing that a 1GB xD can't be used in the 5050 especially considering a 1GB runs about the same price as a 512MB. =[

domino22:
hey want to unload those 1 gig cards? I got a place for them.

No thanks. I had only opened one so I just returned the other, I still wanted one of them for wifes new camera.

Don't know about Beth, but I wanted a big XD card because the C5050 will handle both cards at one time. That way I can carry 2gb at once, 1 in CF and the other in XD, otherwise I agree with you, I just use CF.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom