1GB xD in C-5050?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a couple of 512 cards for my 5050, but I guess I never realized I could use a cf card at the same time. So now I'm in the market for a 1 g cf card. Are there differences between cf cards? I see that some are labelled "pro" -- are they all compatible with the 5050 and is there anything in particular I should look for in a cf card?

Thanks

sdwho

I have several CF's from different makers, all seem to work fine. Some claim to be faster than others but I am not too sure that there is any practical difference in speed. So what if it takes 3 seconds longer to write a file, I rarely need to take a second picutre that soon anyway. You an put a 1- CF card and 1-XD (or smart media) card in the camera at the same time. You can alternate between them at will using the button on the lower portion of the camera back.

** Laughing **

I can't address which CF cards are the best, but I got a good laugh from Herman regarding taking additional pictures. I am not laughing at Herman, but myself. I end up trying / needing to take a second (or third) picture a lot of times. When I screw up the shot and need to "try again" I have to wait for everything to get ready, so three seconds would be bad.

I once got a great picture of a piece of kelp surging right in front of a Scorpionfish. Hid the fish almost completely. I reset and took it again, but low batteries had the camera ready to fire before the flash was recharged. The second shot was a perfectly exposed shot of the Scorpionfish with no color.

Of course all these issues are more related to the operator than anything else. Herman is good, so he doesn't need to reshoot things. (not sarcasm, serious praise)

LIke others posting here, I keep a 512MB or 1GB CF as my main memory for photos, and a 512MB xD for back up, overflow and movies.

PS: at the Exotic Erotic Ball in San Francisco each year I end up accidentally bumping the memory switch and end up with pictures spread across both memory cards. Doh!

Wristshot

Wait wait wait . . I missed that, will you pose like that for another second?

Don't I wish, I have loads of bad shots.....I am convinced that there are fish than actually have 2 butts and no head....a lot of my pictures show only the butt end and I am sure I shot a head. That's why I need so much memory. :)

Has anybody put a 2 gig CF and a 512 XD in the camera at the same time? I keep hearing about everybody using 1 gig CFs.

I use a 2Gig CF in my C5050. I very rarely use xD, except when I accidentally hit the button on and switch it without realizing it. I only have the 32MB xD card that came with the camera.

-Mark

herman:
. . . . . I am convinced that there are fish than actually have 2 butts and no head . . . .
*High Five*

*laughing hard*

W

maractwin:
I use a 2Gig CF in my C5050. I very rarely use xD, except when I accidentally hit the button on and switch it without realizing it. I only have the 32MB xD card that came with the camera.

-Mark
I had heard that the limit for CF was 2 gig but I never heard if anyone ever used the XD with it. Since you're using both, I guess a larger XD would work too. Thanks for the info :thumb:.

Back
Top Bottom