1st checkout dive + crappy viz = awesome!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6gunsal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Had my first two checkout dives this morning in the New River. It was overcast for the first dive, then the sun came out for our second. For both dives though, the visability was real crappy. I would say about 4-5 feet, and really dark at the bottom, but I loved it. I felt very relaxed and got to see some tiny fish and crawdads plus one monster catfish.
I'm really glad the viz didn't bother me. Now I can't wait to go back tomorrow and complete my cert :D

Welcome. Congrats. Good luck tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Congrats.........................I remember my check outs at Bull shoals......not quite that bad vis though..................

3rd and 4th dives today were lots of fun as well. We went 2 hours later than yesterday so the sun had time to burn off the clouds, and the viz was better. According to the instructers the viz yesterday was 2-4 feet and 6-8 today. Big difference. Really.
Saw more fish and cool rocks. I still don't know how I am ever going to be able to navigate myself though. After following one of the instructers around the bottom for 30 minutes I get to turned around to know which way is what. I guess I'll just have to do more diving.

I still don't know how I am ever going to be able to navigate myself though. After following one of the instructers around the bottom for 30 minutes I get to turned around to know which way is what. I guess I'll just have to do more diving.

Use a compass?

I_AM

Use a compass?

I_AM
:11doh::bonk:
still, as of now I can only go in one direction, then backtrack straight back. I know it can't be too hard to throw in some lefts and rights, but I've never done it so who knows...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself in low vis. If you can cope with that everything else will be gravy. Congrats!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom