1st confined Water Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP, glad you had a 'good time'.....I will always remember what the bottom of our pool looked like after that 1st day of classes we had in it, 30 years ago this August!--------I had been to the bottom a thousand times before, & it never looked like that ......

& btw, it(everything) only gets BETTER.....:)

"naval passage" - te he he he... thanks for the chuckle. The other thing that struck me about your post was how many dive shops you have locally with no ocean in sight, while we have few here next to the ocean.

"naval passage" - te he he he... thanks for the chuckle. The other thing that struck me about your post was how many dive shops you have locally with no ocean in sight, while we have few here next to the ocean.

I would venture to say there are 2-5 dive shop on every lake around me and others I am not aware of. As far as the lake I am on, Table Rock Lake, BRANSON MO sit on or very near it and is a major Tourist attraction in the Midwest. Table rock Was known for some very clear waters. No oceans around here just lots of Lakes and Caves.

Helter Skelter, Good to hear things are going well. You are lucky to be one of us who can control both mouth and nose airways at will, thus we wonder why the no mask skill is even called a skill.

My snorkel view has changed. For years it was on my mask because I'm a rule follower. Last 2-3 years I keep only a folding snorkel in my pocket (haven't use it yet), and if it's a very familiar site at times I don't even take that snorkel along.

Backplate and wing with a dry suit? In my opinion, it's the ONLY way to go! One of the things about dry suit diving is that you need a lot of weight to sink the dry suit and undergarments; a backplate puts five pounds of that weight INTO your BC, as opposed to jackets, which may require an addition 2 to 3 pounds just to sink them. In Puget Sound, we almost all dive dry, and a really significant percentage of our divers convert to BP/W setups, even if they started with something else, because it just makes sense.

I would venture to say there are 2-5 dive shop on every lake around me and others I am not aware of. As far as the lake I am on, Table Rock Lake, BRANSON MO sit on or very near it and is a major Tourist attraction in the Midwest. Table rock Was known for some very clear waters. No oceans around here just lots of Lakes and Caves.

Don't forget about Beaver Lake to your south..... in general more viz than tablerock from what I have been told.

It was very interesting and informative to read about your breathing experience and thoughts, Helter Skelter. I have a few months before I take lessons, but it is helpful to follow others' experiences and discoveries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom