1st Ocean Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nitestalker

Reaction score
First, Hello Everybody! I just happened to find this site while searching a few things and decided to sign up since I am working on my C-card.

Anyway, I am taking a class at SDSU and we did our first Ocean Dive last Thursday and it was PERFECT. We dove La Jolla Shores with perfect conditions: very little surf/longshore current and a great water temp. We have had about 4 pool sessions and it was great to finally get out and see some action!
We began with some drills: Face mask off - identify hand signals - replace/clear mask,
Ditch/Don Gear, and some surfacing practice and then it was time for the actual dive - 40ft. for 35min.

Great! It's a blast, ain't it. Just learn your training well, as that's what you follow when your dive, or the dive guide, goes to caca.

Drop by Introductions and post one, so we can welcome you properly. Click the link in my Sig below and then [Post Thread] :D

I'm new too, received my certification with my wife and friends this past July. We try to incorporate a basic skill in every dive to make sure it is set with us. We do it early and fairly shallow to avoid OOPS. This has helped our confidence with diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom