1st time diver in Venice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope. I rarely dive Service Club and didn't get out at all on Mother's Day. I have noticed others have copied my flag combo. I use it not because I'm a pirate, but to allow folks to quickly identify me. I'm working on a replacement for the pirate flag. It'll be a custom made flag, so it may take a little longer before it's copied.

Nope. I rarely dive Service Club and didn't get out at all on Mother's Day. I have noticed others have copied my flag combo. I use it not because I'm a pirate, but to allow folks to quickly identify me. I'm working on a replacement for the pirate flag. It'll be a custom made flag, so it may take a little longer before it's copied.

I always thought you were recognizable by being one of the few I see that doesn't seem to need a lot of neoprene no matter what the water temp is and when ever we ask you when we see you come out how the diving was it is always "great"

I tend to wear less neoprene than most (last weekend I didn't need any), but I do wear it when it's cold.

And I thought most folks knew me by my do rags and Santa beard... The flag is to recognize me from the beach when I'm underwater.

Nancy and I got in a hour long dive this morning. In places the viz reached about 2 feet, in other places it was zero (we found the reef by feel), in most places viz was about 2 - 3 inches. I only found 21 teeth (Nancy picked up 23). Unfortunately, we didn't bump into a 12 year old looking for a zip lock bag of teeth. I'll bring it with me next time...

Thanks for the viz report, Walter. Sorry ya missed the 12 yr old.

Nancy and I got in a hour long dive this morning. In places the viz reached about 2 feet, in other places it was zero (we found the reef by feel), in most places viz was about 2 - 3 inches. I only found 21 teeth (Nancy picked up 23). Unfortunately, we didn't bump into a 12 year old looking for a zip lock bag of teeth. I'll bring it with me next time...

Hiya Walter!

Sorry I missed you and the gang this weekend, but I was just over there, diving in Venice, this Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Since those dives, combined with crappy weather, my back is all tweaked out. Don't think it could have handled six hours of driving, especially for those conditions. Hopefully, I'll be there for the Beach Bash next month. Hugs to you and Nancy, and happy hunting as well.

Hiya Walter!

Sorry I missed you and the gang this weekend, but I was just over there, diving in Venice, this Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Since those dives, combined with crappy weather, my back is all tweaked out. Don't think it could have handled six hours of driving, especially for those conditions. Hopefully, I'll be there for the Beach Bash next month. Hugs to you and Nancy, and happy hunting as well.

Hey Joyce,

Capt. Jamie sent me the picture of the two teeth the girl from Michigan got in Tuesday. Very nice! Unfortunatly while you were diving I was helping my dive partner do a brake job and work on the trailer that he insisted we bring. Turns out it was the last decent hours of diving available. Hopefully I'll be able to come down again next year, this time solo so I'll be looking for a few buddies or I'll be soloing it:D.

George.

I want to thank you again for your offer. We finally made it out on Monday to scour the shore near the pier looking for teeth. I did manage to track down the Alhambra location but couldn't spot you. We pulled a pretty nice haul from the shore, and had a great time at the beach. We're shooting for a class that begins on Jun 15th, so we should have the chance to share the water with you within a couple of months. Thanks again.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom