Question 1st Time to Bonaire / Theft from vehicles while shore diving / Dive Buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is commercial name of container? How many O-rings? Were you worried about its waterproofness? :confined:
Don't know the name of the container but it looked like this: CONTAINER. Single o-ring but looked pretty sturdy. Top screws into the bottom.

Funny you should ask about waterproofness. My girlfriend had one of these - CONTAINER #2 - and suggested we use it because it was smaller. But I wasn't too nuts about the integrity o-ring - we used to sell them and I don't recall them being too sturdy - so I decided I'd do a test dive with it. I put some toilet paper inside so we'd be able to tell if ANY water got it, sealed it, and dove. Opened it up at the end of the dive . . . and it was TOTALLY full of water. Glad I didn't have the key in there.

Interesting side note re fobs.. Just back from Bonaire and the key for the truck from AB was NOT a fancy fob, regular key. I ended up using my usual plastic pouch that I put key, cash and drivers license in and the dryfob stayed dry.

Interesting side note re fobs.. Just back from Bonaire and the key for the truck from AB was NOT a fancy fob, regular key. I ended up using my usual plastic pouch that I put key, cash and drivers license in and the dryfob stayed dry.
When I rented from AB in March, I got a "fancy fob." I had emailed AB in advance, asking whether it would be a fob or traditional mechanical-only key, and they replied fob. I asked them whether they supply a waterproof canister for divers, and they replied that they sell key canisters, and I was welcome to buy one of theirs or bring my own. I brought my own.

When I rented from AB in March, I got a "fancy fob." I had emailed AB in advance, asking whether it would be a fob or traditional mechanical-only key, and they replied fob. I asked them whether they supply a waterproof canister for divers, and they replied that they sell key canisters, and I was welcome to buy one of theirs or bring my own. I brought my own.
Well based on the quality (or lack thereof) of the clutch in my truck I would not expect a modern fob :wink:

Well based on the quality (or lack thereof) of the clutch in my truck I would not expect a modern fob :wink:
This was our first time renting from AB, and we were surprised we didn't get one of their nicer trucks. I think they are overdue on rotating some of their fleet out. Probably the same with car rental companies everywhere--catching up now that travel/tourism has picked up.

This was our first time renting from AB, and we were surprised we didn't get one of their nicer trucks. I think they are overdue on rotating some of their fleet out. Probably the same with car rental companies everywhere--catching up now that travel/tourism has picked up.
We've been renting from them forever. Luck of the draw. In fairness everything worked fine on the truck other than the clutch was near end of life. I drive stick at home so I wasn't too bothered, but by the end of the week it took 2 hands to force it into reverse :wink: I'm sure someone else would have returned it.

I always request the worst old truck at Buddy Dive. That way I don't have to worry about scratches or fobs.

That's why we rent from AB and not book their "premium" offerings.

(Also becasue my visa doesn't cover trucks and AB's price incl. insurance has always been good.)

Ah, you had one of their Wigle5 rented. I had to return mine during my stay in september because of a gone clutch. It had only 40000km on the counter. I think the plat was something like 1604 or 1602.
These chinese pickups are pretty shitti in quality.

LOL. I remember that clutch! I musta had the same truck! I was more worried about not making it back!!
They told me if you write to them, you can 'request' a newer truck and one of the nicer units .... I've already forgotten the nicer unit numbers though. Great reef at BD, would love to go back, Tickets are still crazy though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom