1st trip to Curacao 3.21-3.28 Looking for buddy & advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slaplante

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am traveling to Curacao for the 1st time from 3.21.09 to 3.28.09. My wife doesn't dive but I really want to do some shore diving. As of now I am planning to do some boat dives with Ocean Encounters and some guided dives with The Dive Bus. I hope to meet some people on these dives who want to do some shore diving. I have the following questions:

Is anyone looking for a buddy while I am in Curacao?
Is it likely I will find a buddy or a group on a boat dive that will want to shore dive?
Do you have any suggestions on shore dives where my wife can relax on a beach while I dive?
Is Klein Curacao worth the trip and would my wife also enjoy the trip?
Do you have any suggestions and/or advice for me?

I am looking forward to my trip and I'll post about my trip when I return.

Shawn

Hey there Slaplante!
My name is Bryan and I am the Manager of the Ocean Encounters dive shop at Breezes.

1) Where are you staying?? If you are staying at Breezes, we have a guided shore dives every afternoon. Generally, there is always someone looking for a buddy and then you can buddy up and do your own thing. If you are staying at the Hilton, Lions dive or Kontiki, we can also try and hook you up with a buddy there. Let me know.

2) Especially at Breezes, guests are always doing a combo Shore and Boat diving, so more than likely you will find someone.

3) When you arrive, I can provide alot of suggestions on shore dives and where to relax on the beach. As an example, Porto Marie is an excellent place to chill out and go diving!!

4) If you like being on boats and don't mind the motion of the sea... I would definitely recommend the trip to Klein. The diving and snorkelling are awesome with an excellent chance to see turtles. I would suggest booking with us due to the fact that we use the Mermaid. We arrange for transportation, Divemaster plus breakfast and lunch are included. It is a really nice day. Maybe you will even see dolphins swimming along side the boat!!

If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to contact via PM or email. Always happy to help. See you soon!!

Bryan

Hi Bryan,
We had guests in for dinner who told us they went to dive at Klein Curacao with OE but on their boats. Was that something special? I really don't think they could have been confused, no one would be able to mix up the 2 different style boats.

Hi Bryan,
We had guests in for dinner who told us they went to dive at Klein Curacao with OE but on their boats. Was that something special? I really don't think they could have been confused, no one would be able to mix up the 2 different style boats.

Hey Sunshine,
Thanks for the clarification. Yes, in fact OE does run our own special "Diver Only" trip to Klein Curacao and Eastpoint every Tuesday! It is an awesome trip!!

BTW... see you on Sunday, I'll stop in and have some pizza and some of your special banana bread (if you still have some)!!

Bryan

Hi Bryan,
I'm here today with Zucchini bread but next Sunday McAndreas and Sunshine O'Livingston will be joining the antics with the Dive Bus. David has started a youth mountain biking club in Westpunt and rides with the boys on Sunday mornings. We're looking into a race for the boys next Sunday, maybe. If he's here, he doesn't always open the gate when I'm not here. Just give a holler at the house. The big boy puppies will bark and let him know you are here. Put him to work. If not, I'll be back most likely before 3PM. So enjoy a dive or two and we'll see you in the afternoon. OEW's boat goes to Santa Cruz and Watamula on Sunday mornings.

Hi Bryan,
I'm here today with Zucchini bread but next Sunday McAndreas and Sunshine O'Livingston will be joining the antics with the Dive Bus. David has started a youth mountain biking club in Westpunt and rides with the boys on Sunday mornings. We're looking into a race for the boys next Sunday, maybe. If he's here, he doesn't always open the gate when I'm not here. Just give a holler at the house. The big boy puppies will bark and let him know you are here. Put him to work. If not, I'll be back most likely before 3PM. So enjoy a dive or two and we'll see you in the afternoon. OEW's boat goes to Santa Cruz and Watamula on Sunday mornings.

Will do sunshine... see you then!!

Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom